John Denver Live SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cosmic Debris

I was just curious how this SACD is ? Does anyone here have this disc and if so how are the sonics on it ? I seen it yesterday and almost bought it , but have plenty of John Denver but thought this might be a good Hi-Rez disc too add to the collection possibly.

Cosmic Debris said:
I was just curious how this SACD is ? Does anyone here have this disc and if so how are the sonics on it ? I seen it yesterday and almost bought it , but have plenty of John Denver but thought this might be a good Hi-Rez disc too add to the collection possibly.

It's a Single Layer Stereo SACD. But if that doesn't bother you (not Surround Sound or have a CD layer), I'd recommend it. The sonics in SACD Stereo are excellent.

The sonics are excellent. I like surround mixes for live performances, but this disk sounds really nice. I'm not the biggest John Denver fan, but he's in good voice on this performance.

I agree....it's an excellent sounding SACD. The production is done by Vic Anesini and Bob Irwin, and the concert featured Elvis guitarist James Burton. JD is in excellent form (y)

soundboy said:
I agree....it's an excellent sounding SACD. The production is done by Vic Anesini and Bob Irwin, and the concert featured Elvis guitarist James Burton. JD is in excellent form (y)

Knowing Vic Anesini was involved is enough to make me buy this disc. I am going to pick it up for sure. Yeah, I was aware that it wasn't in 5.1 but I love 2 Ch SACD just as much if it sounds decent . Thanks evryone for the input.

I value your opinion Soundboy as I have read many of your posts on the SH forums regarding SACD.

Back