SPOTLIGHT Joni Mitchell The Asylum Albums (1972-1975) (Quadio Boxed Set)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joni, Man she looks old!
Very happy I didn't age like that :p
Not that an artist of her caliber (or anyone really) should be judged on their looks…but did you ever look as good in your prime as she did?! 😍

Attachments

• IMG_1140.jpeg
    IMG_1140.jpeg
    79.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Not that an artist of her caliber (or anyone really) should be judged on their looks…but did you ever look as good in your prime as she did?!
Graham Nash would beg to differ I’m sure…
Agree, but this is not them.. this is a recent photo shoot.

K D likewise is one of my favorite female singers and IMO it would be criminal if this magnificent album doesn't get an ATMOS remix [on physical disc]...and it's on the WARNER label!

How 'bout it 🦏 ?

R.33924387938a7bd6833ad68a1faba14f

Not to derail this thread, but I couldn't agree with you more about doing something with the k.d. lang catalog. Particularly, music from the transitional albums, Absolute Torch & Twang and Ingenue is an especially fertile period in her musical career. She performed an extraordinary live version of "Trail Of Broken Hearts" on Carson. And, in the time between the above two albums, she released the hauntingly beautiful, "Barefoot," for the little-known film, Salmonberries. I think it's one of her very best vocals, but I believe that for some reason, the only domestic U.S. release it got at the time was as a bonus track on her long OOP Harvest Of Seven Years (Cropped And Chronicled) LaserDisc. This is an artist and a catalog that deserves better.

Barefoot

Trail Of Broken Hearts (Live on Carson)

Last edited:
Not to derail this thread, but I couldn't agree with you more about doing something with the k.d. lang catalog. Particularly, music from the transitional albums, Absolute Torch & Twang and Ingenue is an especially fertile period in her musical career. She performed an extraordinary live version of "Trail Of Broken Hearts" on Carson. And, in the time between the above two albums, she released the hauntingly beautiful, "Barefoot," for the little-known film, Salmonberries. I think it's one of her very best vocals, but I believe that for some reason, the only domestic U.S. release it got at the time was as a bonus track on her long OOP Harvest Of Seven Years (Cropped And Chronicled) LaserDisc. This is an artist and a catalog that deserves better.

Barefoot

Trail Of Broken Hearts (Live on Carson)
Agreed!
Barefoot is an incredible song & is on this collection btw…

https://a.co/d/bk0pXii

Attachments

• IMG_1141.jpeg
    IMG_1141.jpeg
    518 KB · Views: 0
K D likewise is one of my favorite female singers and IMO it would be criminal if this magnificent album doesn't get an ATMOS remix [on physical disc]...and it's on the WARNER label!
Although the Tony Bennett duet albums with Gaga have gotten a
lot of attention, I think my favorite is the Tony Bennett & k. d. lang -
A Wonderful World. A 2004 Grammy Winner for Best Traditional Pop
and a US Top 40, I always enjoy listening to them perform together.
She started to break out in Country music, (one of my fav genre) but
sadly her outspoken gay preference kind of killed her with Nashville
crowd. :( I can highly recommend her Absolute Torch and Twang album!

I LOVE K.D.'s "Drag" album....her version of Valley of the dolls is killer and the rest of the remakes are so cool...A surround version would be welcome!
My vote for a K.D. set is (y)

I like a lot of her stuff including this one: "Shadowland (The Owen Bradley Sessions)"

and to keep this post relevant to the thread; I now have my Joni box set, think it's absolutely lovely and am basking (wallowing) in the music verrrry slowly!!!

Thank you @ForagingRhino, Rhino Records and everyone who made this dream come true. 🤗 ... yeah that's right I'm a hugger.

My vote for a K.D. set is (y)

I like a lot of her stuff including this one: "Shadowland (The Owen Bradley Sessions)"

and to keep this post relevant to the thread; I now have my Joni box set, think it's absolutely lovely and am basking (wallowing) in the music verrrry slowly!!!

Thank you @ForagingRhino, Rhino Records and everyone who made this dream come true. 🤗 ... yeah that's right I'm a hugger.
Still waiting on mine. Ordered a week ago. No shipping confirmation and I'm in California.

Agreed!
Barefoot is an incredible song & is on this collection btw…

https://a.co/d/bk0pXii
I have the 4-disc version of Recollection and although great, the 2010 version of "Barefoot" on it is not a "remaster" (as indicated on the track list.) Rather, it is a complete reworking of the original with new orchestration and significant rhythmic changes that dramatically affect the intimate, haunting feeling of the original version. It is obviously legit since it was done with the participation of k.d., but despite it sounding great, it is not the original recording.

Getting back to Joni...I'm also still waiting for a shipping notice or tracking number for the order I placed on the 18th. Here's hoping good things come to those who wait. I blame myself for having the great misfortune of living in a flyover state. LOL!

FYI, my copy of Hissing has two very pronounced vinyl-like "click" sounds, both within the first 30 seconds of the Jungle Line QUAD mix, coming from both the front and rear left channel. Anyone else have that on their copy?
Yes, I can hear them.

How 'bout it 🦏 ?

R.33924387938a7bd6833ad68a1faba14f

I kinda like Diana Krall , as well. Sorry that I forgot to mention her previously.

But I think Joni Mitchell wins overall.

Got my Joni boxset, so loving it, awesome listening experience. Hopefully if this sells well maybe Asylum / Rhino give us a EAGLES Quad box, "On The Border", "One Of These Nights", new Dolby Atmos mixes of "Desperado" and the 1st Eagles album. Has Hotel California been released in Dolby Atmos, I have 2 SACD ones ? Please Warners / Rhino get Rod to release Atlantic Crossing already, I'm not getting any younger.

Last edited:
Mine arrived today.
Fastest delivered from Rhino: ordered on 18th April and got it on 29th.
All in all 99,47€ (82,48€+16,99€ Spanish VAT and fee) with 15% applied before shipping.
For the first time, it came in a cardboard box with some thick bubbled plastic.
Surprisingly, mine has two identical mini posters

Back