SPOTLIGHT Joni Mitchell The Asylum Albums (1972-1975) (Quadio Boxed Set)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aw heck, ordered from Rhino. Can’t wait for this…with the 15% off and very reasonable intl shipping at $15.99 it’s still a very good price.

May I ask how much your shipping and taxes were? To Alberta it's $22.50 and $5.73 respectively, so the set blows out to CAN$120.23 for me with that discount.
$92 + $15 shipping + $13.91 tax = $120.91 CAN…assuming you don’t get hit with duty it’s a wash. I’ve got 3 orders with them pending, the new High Fidelity vinyl, the 4 atmos blu ray and now this set. If I had known ahead of time would have just placed one order and saved the $15 shipping x 3!

I’m really looking forward to this set! It’s definitely mind blowing, and I’m not even a real Joni fan! 4 Atmos mixes, 2 vintage Quads, 1 unreleased Quad, and 1 new Quad… amazing! I know for sure Court and Spark has a great quad mix based on a conversion I have. I listened to Miles of Aisles in stereo a few days ago and that sold me on this set; what an amazing musician and vocalist… I hope the Quad mix of this live performance is true four-corner Quad. Can’t wait!

Mine already shipped to Spain. First time thay ship one of my orders the day after I ordered it.
As my last orders with them no USPS thankfully but DHL commerce and then Correos-Spanish postal service
Let me know please after you get it how much taxes and customs handling you are charged

May I ask how much your shipping and taxes were? To Alberta it's $22.50 and $5.73 respectively, so the set blows out to CAN$120.23 for me with that discount.
Yeah. It's about $10 less ordering it from the Canadian website when comparing it to the Rhino U.S. website ($130) but the ship date says May 17th on the Canadian site and for $10 I can't wait another month. It's already in the mail from Rhino in California with a nice tracking number with which I can follow it's progress.

Well this is reassuring, I just got a notification that I have a FedEx package coming from Gnarlywood... Fingers crossed they are getting their stuff together!

Joni in Atmos -- a dream come true! Agree with others about needing LADIES OF THE CANYON in multichannel. FOR THE ROSES is my pick here, as I suppose I am a sentalmentalist, sigh. JT helps on a few tracks there!

I'm curious. These are all Joni's Asylum albums. But could Rhino have done a box set mixing them with the Reprise years? I mean, both are Warner products. That would have been an unbelievable set...but probably too expensive as far as price point.

Trust me, I'm NOT complaining. This box will make me very happy. I was just wondering. (I'm sure there aren't too many artists that would fall into this category, switching labels but in the same current family of labels.)

I'm curious. These are all Joni's Asylum albums. But could Rhino have done a box set mixing them with the Reprise years? I mean, both are Warner products. That would have been an unbelievable set...but probably too expensive as far as price point.

Trust me, I'm NOT complaining. This box will make me very happy. I was just wondering. (I'm sure there aren't too many artists that would fall into this category, switching labels but in the same current family of labels.)
I can imagine a possible release of The Reprise Albums in surround sound form later if this set sells well. The Asylum Albums just made more sense first, because of all the quad mixes involved. Does The Reprise Albums feature Atmos mixes on streaming?

Back