King Crimson DVD-A Discussion

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couldn't resist, gotta have that box set of one of my all-time favorite albums. Luckily I can give away the other preordered DVD-A to a friend.

Upgraded A/V equipment and surround release heyday, good heavens I hope not going bankrupt too soon... :eek:

I've decided not to get the box set... :yikes

Althought they are my fave band, and this is probably my fave KC album... I'd rather spend my $$$ on more surround titles.... too many things to get..

Ok, so now I'm really confused about the release date. Up until late this week, the release date was supposed to have been this Monday (the 15th).

Now Burning Shed is reporting an October 22 release date for the two 2-disc versions and a 29th release date for the box set, while amazon.co.uk has a release date of the 22nd for all 3 versions, and amazon.com lists the 30th as the release date for all three versions.

SO WHICH DATE IS IT?! So confused... :mad:@:

Ok, so now I'm really confused about the release date. Up until late this week, the release date was supposed to have been this Monday (the 15th).

Now Burning Shed is reporting an October 22 release date for the two 2-disc versions and a 29th release date for the box set, while amazon.co.uk has a release date of the 22nd for all 3 versions, and amazon.com lists the 30th as the release date for all three versions.

SO WHICH DATE IS IT?! So confused... :mad:@:

Maybe it is being released this Monday and all units from the first run are already spoken for. Perhaps the 22nd represents the second run. At any rate if you are ordering today I would go by the Burning Shed dates.

Update email I got from Burning Shed this morning:

Many thanks for ordering the Larks' Tongues In Aspic reissues from Burning Shed.

Unfortunately, there has been a slight postponement of the shipping/release dates for the formats:

The 2CD/DVD-A edition will now ship next week for 22nd october release date

The 15 disc box will ship the week after for 29th october release.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Update email I got from Burning Shed this morning:

Damn! I really hate to do this, but I may end up canceling my order from Burning Shed and reordering from amazon. I could save over $10.
Yeah, I know that's splitting hairs, but every dollar counts in today's world, plus I know I'll get it on the 30th from amazon, and who knows how long it will take such a huge box like that one to make it here across the pond?

Damn! I really hate to do this, but I may end up canceling my order from Burning Shed and reordering from amazon. I could save over $10.
Yeah, I know that's splitting hairs, but every dollar counts in today's world, plus I know I'll get it on the 30th from amazon, and who knows how long it will take such a huge box like that one to make it here across the pond?

Didn't Burning Shed already charge your credit card? They got mine within minutes of my preorder ... months ago.

Didn't Burning Shed already charge your credit card? They got mine within minutes of my preorder ... months ago.

yes, that's true, but I was able to cancel my Thick as a Brick order from them a month ago after my card was already charged, and I got every penny back.

yes, that's true, but I was able to cancel my Thick as a Brick order from them a month ago after my card was already charged, and I got every penny back.

Thanks, that's good to know. I have been less and less impressed with Burning Shed lately, and more and more pleased with Amazon.
I have been guilty of pulling the trigger on the first site that shows a title for preorder, and that has not always been the smartest move.

I'm very worried, you guys.

A few weeks ago, I pre-ordered the Larks' box set from amazon with the intention of canceling my Burning Shed preorder to save some (shipping) time and money, but now after canceling my BS order, amazon lists the Larks' box set as "currently unavailable".

Now nothing has changed yet with my order itself but I'm still worried there may be a problem with my order and I either won't get it on time or won't get it at all.
I hope amazon's "currently unavailable" status means that they have "sold out" of their preorder allocation but my order's still safe. I guess I'll find out this weekend...

I'm very worried, you guys.

A few weeks ago, I pre-ordered the Larks' box set from amazon with the intention of canceling my Burning Shed preorder to save some (shipping) time and money, but now after canceling my BS order, amazon lists the Larks' box set as "currently unavailable".

Now nothing has changed yet with my order itself but I'm still worried there may be a problem with my order and I either won't get it on time or won't get it at all.
I hope amazon's "currently unavailable" status means that they have "sold out" of their preorder allocation but my order's still safe. I guess I'll find out this weekend...

Don't be worried. Amazon.com just sold out of their allotment of the boxset. I also pre-ordered from Amazon.

Also, if anyone is wondering how many LTIA boxsets are left, here is a little bit of info from Steven.

"The news is that there are only a few hundred not already accounted for in pre-sales, so grab it fast!"

Well, I just got notice from Burning Shed that they shipped my LTiA deluxe box today....woohoo!

I received my copy of the CD/DVDA version yesterday here in CT and gave it my first listen this morning - all I can say at this point is that the wait is worth it!

Got my notice as well. So far the only review of the 5.1 mix came from the Hoffman forum:

I listened to the 5.1 mix today and I must say it is very very different from the original stereo mix. I think I like it but I must get used to it... It is quite an immersive 5.1 mix.

Back