King Crimson DVD-A Discussion

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where did you hear that information then? (I guess I am now curious too ;))

Look out for more than you think.......and that is all I am saying right now!

Hmmm - I'm really curious now, as the catalog number for 'A Scarcity of Miracles' is "KCSP21" - I hope that means that all the previous numbers are in the pipeline? :smokin

Here's what we have (or is coming):
KCSP1 - In the Court of the Crimson King
KCSP2 - In the Wake Of Poseidon
KCSP3 - Lizard
KCSP4 - Islands
KCSP5 - Lark's Tounges in Apsic (Due out later this year)
KPSP6 - Starless and Bible Black (Due out later this year)

KCSP7 - Red

Definitely In the Pipeline:
Discipline
Beat
Three of a Perfect Pair
Thrak
The Power to Believe

But what else?
The ConstruKction of Light - If they do more then this must be on the list
USA?
Earthbound?
The Deception of the Trush - perhaps some other ProjeKct stuff, e.g.:
ProjeKct X - Heaven and Earth?
Some other compilations/live albums????

I suppose time will tell....

If I were Sir Fripp and company I would quickly get the next wave of releases out prior to the beginning of Pink Floyd's remaster launch as I fear many folks will not be able to afford both Floyd and Crimson and, with a tight budget, will opt for Floyd since those releases have been anticipated for so long and we already have many fine Crimson releases but only DSOTM from Floyd.

If I were Sir Fripp and company I would quickly get the next wave of releases out prior to the beginning of Pink Floyd's remaster launch as I fear many folks will not be able to afford both Floyd and Crimson and, with a tight budget, will opt for Floyd since those releases have been anticipated for so long and we already have many fine Crimson releases but only DSOTM from Floyd.

I like them both but to me, it's Crimson all the way. With the exception of WYWH, I already have all the DSOTM I will ever need, and unless they pull The Wall in 5.1 out of their, ahem, hat, I personally don't see what's the big deal. My money's on Bob.

Amen to what Elmer said. The quality of the Crimson releases has been just super and I am looking forward to more. Bring them on before the rest of the economy collapses however....

The silence has been deafening as to when more of these will be released. IMHO, everyone involved in the project has dropped the ball in terms of keeping the fans updated, and keeping interest going in the reissue series. The site at www.king-crimson.com still has the very out-of-date information stating "The series will continue throughout 2010", along with comments about how all the releases will be celebrated over the next twelve months. It is now half-way through 2011, and these comments are still there.

Neil or anyone, is there any new information? Why the delays, and why the silence? I absolutely love the re-mixes that have been released so far, but I am starting to think we are never going to see the entire series.

Take a deep breath and relax, it's not a conspiracy. These are firm projects; if you were expecting them all within 12 months, that is not the case.
Some things are known but subject to non-disclosure agreements which means when they green-light it, only then does it become known. There is basic release news out there (other sources) if you look and perhaps it hasn't been posted here as yet.

Neil is quite busy with tackling Blu Ray authoring in very short notice so I don't expect him to be the newsmeister. We have nothing to do with the actual Crimson site and that appears to be fed by marketing information that would next be updated just prior to pre-release of the next albums.

The plan *was* Larks Tongues In Aspic + Starless And Bible Black to be the next two DVDA/CD releases; because it is the 30th anniversary of Discipline, that will replace LTIA for releases later this year.

And more after that. :smokin:

Being a long-time fan, I'm thrilled to play any small part with these albums.

I like that the pace of releases is staggered as it provides something to look forward to every few months. This way each of the albums gets proper attention.

Being a long-time fan, I'm thrilled to play any small part with these albums.

I like that the pace of releases is staggered as it provides something to look forward to every few months. This way each of the albums gets proper attention.

Thanks for the updates Tim. I wish that these actually were coming out every few months. But so far, it seems that the releases have happened once each year! I would be thrilled if the pace could be picked up just a bit.

Thanks for the updates Tim. I wish that these actually were coming out every few months. But so far, it seems that the releases have happened once each year! I would be thrilled if the pace could be picked up just a bit.

In a perfect world, surround fan wants would be the only concerns that needed to be addressed and these releases would be the only thing going on with the artist careers. Alas this is not the case. Find consolation with JFC and Caravan surround mixes in the mean time.

The fact that these surround mixes even came to exist some 30-40 years after the fact is six miles past amazing. That's good enough for me!

In a perfect world, surround fan wants would be the only concerns that needed to be addressed and these releases would be the only thing going on with the artist careers. Alas this is not the case. Find consolation with JFC and Caravan surround mixes in the mean time.

The fact that these surround mixes even came to exist some 30-40 years after the fact is six miles past amazing. That's good enough for me!

I just need to be patient. I did pick up the JFC and Caravan releases - they are also excellently done in my opinion. Of all the surround discs I own, the King Crimson and Porcupine Tree DVD-A's are by far my favorites. The fact that the KC surround mixes are so enjoyable makes the wait for more all that much harder!

Thanks again for the updates.

I'm not sure if it was mentioned earlier on in this thread but the DGMlive website is a pretty good source for info on the latest with the KC reissues- it takes a bit of searching and deciphering of Fripp's arcane writing style but in his diary section you can usually find entries that include comments on particular mixes/projects that are in progress, etc.

Looking back through the website news archives, each year they've announced the reissue tracklistings for that fall's releases around the end of July. So maybe that's when we'll get the announcement.

Back