Labelle Nightbirds & Billy Joel Steetlife Serenade - Audio Fidelity 4.0 SACD!!! (May 2015)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think these are good choices. In lieu of tracking down unreleased 5.1 mixes, vintage quad recordings that were only released on vinyl and Q8 are the second best option. I am enjoying the recent Best of Guess Who release, but a DVD-A conversion from the original quad reel sounds pretty damn good, so not a huge leap in having a better sounding version of that release. With the titles that only came out on vinyl and 8-track, there is more room for improvement.

WOW..!!!!!! :yikes I've been lusting after hearing Nightbirds in Hi-Res Surround ever since I found out about the cancelled Sony SACD years ago. Audio Fidelity, I love you!! Please keep up the incredible work!! :banana:

Very cool. I love these recent releases from the company who brought us The Guess Who and Blood, Sweat & Tears. Spaced on their name. Loving all their titles so far.
On a side note, wonder if Beyonce's Grammy win for best surround will spawn more artistry. I've noticed a spike in the last few years. Can't hurt the market.

Ok. First post. Love this site.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome news Jon!!! I am so loving the Billy Joel release...guess I don't know about Labelle...but what the heck...I'll get that one too. Probably sounds awesome considering the musical style.

Again - just wonderful news. Made my day... :brew

Very cool. I love these recent releases from the company who brought us The Guess Who and Blood, Sweat & Tears. Spaced on their name. Loving all their titles so far.
On a side note, wonder if Beyonce's Grammy win for best surround will spawn more artistry. I've noticed a spike in the last few years. Can't hurt the market.

Ok. First post. Love this site.

Welcome to QQ! :wave

Pull up a seat in the sweet spot with us! :banana:

Awesome news Jon!!! I am so loving the Billy Joel release...guess I don't know about Labelle...but what the heck...I'll get that one too. Probably sounds awesome considering the musical style.

Again - just wonderful news. Made my day... :brew

This is a very exciting time for us all to be into surround music!

Rewind a few years and things weren't so rosy.. but now.. just wow!

The Isley Brothers & O'Jays Quads next please AF? Take your pick there's quite a few to choose from (preferably you'll get to them all in time!) :D

Or how about Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes! (I can just hear the gorgeous Gamble & Huff string arrangements now..)..

...MFSB!?! Billy Paul? Lou Rawls!? (the unreleased Quad of his "Unmistakably Lou" album would be quite something, to me at any rate..)

Damn, just noticed...it says April 21 street date. Sooner than I would have thought...
Wonder when the pre-orders will show up??

Hopefully that means "Homecoming" from America will be available to order from AF's website by the end of the month!
So excited for that one!

Damn, just noticed...it says April 21 street date. Sooner than I would have thought...
Wonder when the pre-orders will show up??

Bring it on!! :p AF could bring out one a week and I'd snap em all up if they keep the quality rate as high as they currently are. (my poor bank balance!! :D )... really, Nightbirds.. Pinch yourself moment for me guys, I'm on a cloud :)

Hopefully that means "Homecoming" from America will be available to order from AF's website by the end of the month!
So excited for that one!

Get ready for another Scheiner stunner..!! (y)

AF should rename it "INCOMING!" :yikes

..it's like a guided missile that mix.. hits the spot.

Welcome to QQ! :wave

Pull up a seat in the sweet spot with us! :banana:

Thanks! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426643923.305911.jpg

Get ready for another Scheiner stunner..!! (y)

AF should rename it "INCOMING!" :yikes

..it's like a guided missile that mix.. hits the spot.

Great music too!
"Ventura Highway", "Moon Song", "Till the Sun Comes Up", "Cornwall Blank", and "Saturn Nights" are all incredible!
And the other songs are good too. Might become my new favorite AF release, followed by "Winelight". :)

On a sidenote I actually saw Billy Joel in person in a NYC Italian restaurant near Carnegie Hall a few years ago.
We passed each other on the stairs near the men's restroom.

:)

This is a very exciting time for us all to be into surround music!

Rewind a few years and things weren't so rosy.. but now.. just wow!

The Isley Brothers & O'Jays Quads next please AF? Take your pick there's quite a few to choose from (preferably you'll get to them all in time!) :D

Or how about Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes! (I can just hear the gorgeous Gamble & Huff string arrangements now..)..

...MFSB!?! Billy Paul? Lou Rawls!? (the unreleased Quad of his "Unmistakably Lou" album would be quite something, to me at any rate..)

Please. Ship Ahoy and non murderous OJ's!

Back