Labelle Nightbirds & Billy Joel Steetlife Serenade - Audio Fidelity 4.0 SACD!!! (May 2015)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Streetlife Serenade" is a really shocking choice IMO given the MFSL SACDs released of Billy Joel's catalogue in recent years.

Downside is how likely is it that AF could get the Quad mixes of "Piano Man" and "Turnstiles" and reissue them on SACD?
Not as likely since SACDs already exist for those, which makes it all the more remarkable that MF never did an SACD for "Streetlife Serenade", giving AF this window to provide it all for us!

Not a big Billy Joel fan, but I will probably give that one a shot. Can't say the same for the Labelle disc.

Oh and speaking of Billy Joel, it would be wonderful to get either Blu-Ray or SACD reissues of the 5.1 mixes of "52nd Street" and "The Stranger". :)

Yeah, it was definitely surprising that they seemed to have snatched one away from MoFi. I'll be glad to have Streetlife Serenade - it'll be a nice companion to my 5.1s of The Stranger and 52nd Street. I'll probably grab the Labelle disc at some point as well.

Snood in on Both - but mega in on Billy Joel..............Lady Marmalade is a buy by itself :banana:

btw everybody you are welcome............ever since Snood showed up a couple years ago on QQ, flood gates opened - so yeah - humble Snood :worthy

I was playing
Nightbirds just the other day
And thinking that I had read years ago that it was going to be a DVD audio
release.
and also thinking about the black velvet sheets

Happy Happy Happy!!

Fingers crossed they get the go-ahead to do Piano Man in Quad. That one is a top-tiered, nearly holy grail of Quad tapes. Unusual choices for sure, but I'm game!

I was playing
Nightbirds just the other day
And thinking that I had read years ago that it was going to be a DVD audio
release.
and also thinking about the black velvet sheets

What are the chances that I was playing Nightbirds just the other night as well? It was less than thirty hours ago and I was wondering if it would ever see a release from AF.

Damn, what's going on here?

With the outstanding sound quality AF has been giving us with their recent ventures I'm excited about the future...please convey that feeling to Marshall...keep up the good work..

Will do. Marshall has been very appreciative of the positive comments on QQ and elsewhere about the new Multichannel SACD series. And he continues on the journey to find more titles.

Yeah, it was definitely surprising that they seemed to have snatched one away from MoFi. I'll be glad to have Streetlife Serenade - it'll be a nice companion to my 5.1s of The Stranger and 52nd Street. I'll probably grab the Labelle disc at some point as well.

When I mentioned to Marshall awhile back that Streetlight Serenade had never been on SACD, either by Sony or Mobile Fidelity and I gave it a strong recommendation, he was on it in a flash! :)
It should be a good one.

When I mentioned to Marshall awhile back that Streetlight Serenade had never been on SACD, either by Sony or Mobile Fidelity and I gave it a strong recommendation, he was on it in a flash! :)
It should be a good one.

They should give you a Grammy! "Best Maven in a Multichannel role" :D

Your knowledge is encyclopaedic and your work in bringing about more surround music is just incredible. Thank you! (y)

Quite shocked by the Labelle choice! Excellent, a must buy.

Will do. Marshall has been very appreciative of the positive comments on QQ and elsewhere about the new Multichannel SACD series. And he continues on the journey to find more titles.

Very mouth watering.. I realise you can't disclose details for all sorts of reasons but aside from these amazing Quad reissues, can we expect any more 5.1 mixes from AF or is the focus on Quad now?

Not complaining in the least (!) just curious if there was a strategy to go more towards Quad or if it's purely based on licensing and the business side of things working out that's determining the releases and in the months ahead there'll be a mixture of Quads & 5.1's from AF?

They should give you a Grammy! "Best Maven in a Multichannel role" :D

Your knowledge is encyclopaedic and your work in bringing about more surround music is just incredible. Thank you! (y)

I'd like to thank the academy... :)

Very mouth watering.. I realise you can't disclose details for all sorts of reasons but aside from these amazing Quad reissues, can we expect any more 5.1 mixes from AF or is the focus on Quad now?

Not complaining in the least (!) just curious if there was a strategy to go more towards Quad or if it's purely based on licensing and the business side of things working out that's determining the releases and in the months ahead there'll be a mixture of Quads & 5.1's from AF?

As always, it depends on what has high interest, sales potential, hasn't been on SACD recently, tapes are available and in good shape/sonics and can be licensed.
There is certainly some magic on those analog-recorded 4.0 Quads coming over to DSD courtesy of Gus Skinas at the Super Audio Center. No doubt. :)

These are going directly to the top of my want list. Just more software to bankrupt Joe! I own both of these in SQ. Nightbirds is one of my most favorite Quads. If you only buy one Patti LaBelle record, this one should be it! Lest you think Patti is all this record offers, Allen Toussaint produces, and the band has some very good musicians. Nona Hendryx is highly underrated.

BTW: LaBelle and Linda have the same meaning: Beautiful.

NOW WE'RE TALKING!!!

While I appreciated the previous AF surround titles for the musicianship and quality, I just didn't like any enough to buy them. But Billy Joel... is just HUGE.

1 down, 2 to go I say!

Next stop: Supertramp :) (unlikely, I know. But I can dream, right?!)

Will spin that Labelle album on Groovehsark now!

I have Billy Joel's old school SACD's -- Glass Houses and The Stranger. Love them both. There is a discrete audio DVD video multichannel he put out. All the videos in multichannel. For Billy Joel fans, I heartily recommend it. Very fired up for a potential multichannel mix of Greatest Hits Vol. 1&2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have Billy Joel's old school SACD's -- Glass Houses and The Stranger. Love them both. There is a discrete audio DVD video multichannel he put out. All the videos in multichannel. For Billy Joel fans, I heartily recommend it. Very fired up for a potential multichannel mix of Greatest Hits Vol. 1&2.

Don't get too fired up about Vol 1&2..Mobile Fidelity has the rights and they have been talking about that title for over a year that I am aware of...

Maybe mobile fidelity will release it on 8 track or morse code??

Back