Labelle Nightbirds & Billy Joel Steetlife Serenade - Audio Fidelity 4.0 SACD!!! (May 2015)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it looks like I'm the party pooper because ... yep, neither one, sorry.

I was offered the Q8 of Streetlife Seranade many years ago for $40 and passed it up. Oh the stress that decision has caused me over the years. I have bid $80 plus for that Q8 many times since and NEVER WON ONE. And I cant forget the HOURS wasted watching those auctions that ended in failure....I am buying the AF disc ASAP.....thanks for all the recent quads AF and especially for this one.

Check out this old snippet from Rolling Stone magazine about Nona Hendryx of LaBelle.

nona hendryx.JPG

Nona gets it!

Any guesses as to what albums sitting at her feet are, assuming they're quad? I was thinking the one underneath might be one the Black Jazz titles, but the bottom border looks too thick compared to the other borders..

Here's a new ad for Billy Joel's Streetlife Serenade in 4.0 Multichannel SACD that is hitting Facebook today. It's going to be another winner on Multichannel SACD.

Streetlife Serenade Ad - Facebook.jpg

I wish they would use the quadraphonic album artwork for these releases. It would be cool to see the old quad logos on the jewel box graphics.

No offense to AF but I wish they'd use a professional graphic designer, that ad is doing them no favours.

I wish they would use the quadraphonic album artwork for these releases. It would be cool to see the old quad logos on the jewel box graphics.

I wish they mocked up a SACD-4 Channel Discrete Logo.

Now that would be sweet...

No offense to AF but I wish they'd use a professional graphic designer, that ad is doing them no favours.

Concerning Jon's point, stereo is still the priority for them, so it makes sense to me to keep it as the standard album cover without any additional Quad or surround logos.
And concerning the ad, as long as AF keep churning out amazing high quality SACDs, I couldn't care less about their advertising designs. :)

Back