LATEST Piece of Gear in Your Stack - What is it?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Latest piece is no electronics, but a new rack to give the stuff a decent place. From Hifi Racks UK the Podium Reference with isolation platforms. Looks great and improved the sound as well as the rack is more solid than my previous diy rack.

SSA43926.jpg

Latest piece is no electronics, but a new rack to give the stuff a decent place. From Hifi Racks UK the Podium Reference with isolation platforms. Looks great and improved the sound as well as the rack is more solid than my previous diy rack.

View attachment 14284

@RvD

I had planned to post pictures of my system, but now I think I will go burn it. Looks like your rig is worth more than my house. :mad:@:

Very nice electronics indeed. (y)

@the group:

I just discovered RvD's speakers, they seem to be mighty impressive. For those who may not know they are of Swedish design and now available in the USA:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/329020-xtz-9926-mkii-reference-bookshelf-review/

Looks like these are truly exceptional speakers. If my Definitive Technology towers ever fall, I think I will be buying a set of these with a good subwoofer, just like RvD did. :phones

@RvD

I had planned to post pictures of my system, but now I think I will go burn it. Looks like your rig is worth more than my house. :mad:@:

Very nice electronics indeed. (y)

@the group:

I just discovered RvD's speakers, they seem to be mighty impressive. For those who may not know they are of Swedish design and now available in the USA:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/329020-xtz-9926-mkii-reference-bookshelf-review/

Looks like these are truly exceptional speakers. If my Definitive Technology towers ever fall, I think I will be buying a set of these with a good subwoofer, just like RvD did. :phones

Thanks Dennis, I am very pleased with my system. The electronics and speakers give a very natural sound, to my ears at least.

As for the cost, it did not cost that much, otherwise you are living in a very small house :) and me too ;) Only the Oppo and 1 pair of speakers are bought new, the rest is ex demo or second hand. And normally this will be my set for years to come. Plans are to replace the pre amp with the upcoming Involve pre amp, and that would be it.

Thanks for the link to the review. I have the matt black edition, which has a different design but sound more or less the same as the piano gloss edition.

Just post pictures of your system Dennis. At first I hesitated too, as I only have a simple set up, in terms of number of pieces of electronics. But then, it is not a competition.

I have 3 of these on order. I was introduced to these by my son who brought his over. We hooked it up to my Oppo and for the last 2 weeks he has been kind enough to let me borrow it. I haven't listened to surround since then. I can't stand my old Arcams anymore and I've been listening to all the stereo mixes on my discs. The guy who makes these ran out of stock. I should be getting mine in 3-4 weeks. Here's the website if you are interested: http://www.musicalparadise.ca/store/index.php?route=common/home

MP-301-MK3-1024x683.jpg

Just wanted to post a picture of my setup before I have to take it apart to move.

Looks Pretty Nice - what kinda speakers are those?? Are those 2 subs??...........moving is koo, but the physical act of packing and moving always sucks.

Where ya mooooooooving to??

Anyhony Gallo Classico Series speakers, SVS SB2000 dual subs. I have to be out by June 30 and nowhere to go yet. Same city, I hope, or very close, and I have way too much stuff to move. This will be the last to go but first to set up when I get things straight. This is simplified from the other setup I had, so should be a bit quicker, but still many feet of cables and wires and all new eq settings...moving sux!

Picture without grills. I only leave them on to protect stuff from my kids who don't pay attention to anythng--it really cuts back on the beatings.

Attachments

• 20140610_225652.jpg
    20140610_225652.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 159
Picture without grills. I only leave them on to protect stuff from my kids who don't pay attention to anythng--it really cuts back on the beatings.

nice! nice disc too... i have that arriving soon as well!

(hope the move went well)

Still moving, setting up a second system, not as nice but still good. Moving sucks, but it will be great once it is done and everything is set up in my new living room and my mancave! Grats on the 103, been debatiing on whether to bite the bullet and get a new Oppo vs. shopping for a cheaper one. Maybe one day...

yeah moving is very much a drag...but nice when it's all said and done. best wishes on getting it all done soon! thanks i'm really looking forward to it. decided to bite the bullet with 12 months free financing thru amazon...just figured in the long run it would be worth it.

A Woo Audio WA6 for my Sennheiser HD800s--pure bliss! I mainly use it for 2-track recordings.

Woo1_zps72d53e0c.jpg

Thanks. I didn't need a DAC, so I went with the WA6. The combo of its warmth and the analytical details of the 800s seems like a perfect balance.

Back