LATEST Piece of Gear in Your Stack - What is it?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Woo Audio WA6 for my Sennheiser HD800s--pure bliss! I mainly use it for 2-track recordings.

Woo1_zps72d53e0c.jpg

Nice. I have a Cavelli Liquid Fire amp with the Sony HAP-Z1ES Stereo Music Server and the Oppo PM-1 headphones for 2-Channel recordings in the home office. Works great.

Bought a brand new Modwright KWI200 integrated amp yesterday :)
Now I need to hook up to satellite radio to start the burn in process

I tried to attach a picture but can't figure how to do that with the iPad

I just bought a Pro-Ject 2-Xperience turntable, with an Audio Technica AT-OC9ML II cartridge, a Pro-Ject Tube box S phono stage, and a set of Focal Chorus 826V speakers for my HT setup (powered by a Denon AVR-4311ci receiver.) I'm thrilled with the new turntable and speakers and it all sounds great together, whether I'm listening to music on Lps or CDs or SACD/DVD-A/Blu-ray. The matrix setting on the receiver does a passable job of decoding matrix quad Lps, though it's not correct.

I got a used Oppo 983 since it was a steal. It does everything I want it to do and do it well. Go figure though, my sub quit on me so I ordered a new one. I went cheap since it was for a used cheaper system, so will see if it any good like the ratings say. I got a Bic Acoustech 200 PL as it appeared to be the best cheap sub.

I got a used Oppo 983 since it was a steal. It does everything I want it to do and do it well. Go figure though, my sub quit on me so I ordered a new one. I went cheap since it was for a used cheaper system, so will see if it any good like the ratings say. I got a Bic Acoustech 200 PL as it appeared to be the best cheap sub.

excellent! (not about the dead sub) hope you enjoy the oppo and new sub :sun

May not be the right forum to ask, but I'm a newbie here and can't figure out how to post a new thread. So here goes...

I recently have entered the wonderful world of quad 8-track, and have procured a nice Sansui SRX-9001 and both Technics and Akai quad 8-track player/recorders. Now I'm ready for speakers, but am wondering if there is any way to output through an amplifier that can handle discrete quad inputs and produce a 4.1 output to include a subwoofer into the system? (or even 5.1)

Seems simple enough to have a quad input amp with 4.1 outputs, but I don't know if anyone makes anything like this.

Any suggestions???

Now I'm ready for speakers, but am wondering if there is any way to output through an amplifier that can handle discrete quad inputs and produce a 4.1 output to include a subwoofer into the system? (or even 5.1)
Welcome birrrdy.

IMHO, the best option is a Lexicon MC-8. It can be set up for two stereo inputs and two 5.1 inputs. It can also be set up for a straight analog signal path, no digital processing. Add a 5-channel power amp and you'll have a high quality CURRENT (no vintage-gear headaches) setup.

Seems simple enough to have a quad input amp with 4.1 outputs, but I don't know if anyone makes anything like this.

Any suggestions???

One way to go is to use an outboard bass manager. I don't think anyone makes them today; so you will have to look for a used one. Outlaw Audio used to make one call the ICBM-1. I see one listed on eBay now. I think M&K used to make one as well.

Just picked up a Marantz dv-7001. Virtually brand new. The sound quality isblowing me away. Very very clean.

Back