LATEST Piece of Gear in Your Stack - What is it?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too, have updated slightly. :)

New surround speakers assembled and mounted on the wall, new bass speakers assembled and placed on the floor.

Bass distorsion reduced considerably! And to be back in surround again... :)

I actually added 2 new pieces to my 'rack' today. I guess the Quad God's were smiling down from above on me :) First off, I got a set of the Koss Phase 2+2 headphones off of the 'bay' with the nifty carrying case. The foam pads were shot so I cleaned them up and got a pair of old, stretched out black mens cotton socks and slipped them over the earpieces and wrapped them around. Of course I then used duct tape to secure them in the back. It looks silly but it works. I now call them my "Socksaphones".

And also today I received my Surround Master box thingy. I quickly hooked it up and of course the first thing I played was Dark Side Of The Moon. Sounds great, and with the Phase 2+2's and the Surround Master kicking in, it is about as close to true discrete as you can get I would have to say. It was awesome listening as the guitars and keyboards are swirling all around you during "Time".

I am pretty impressed with the Koss's so far. At first they did not sound much different than my others, but while the differences might be subtle at first listen, when I did the 4-channel separation test man does it really make a difference. About as real as a 'Quad' experience can get without speakers.

Luke

HPIM0774.jpg

My latest score is actually a pair of TEAC 4 channel reel to reels.
The 3340 rolls at 15 and 7.5 ips and the 2340SX does 7.5 and 3.75 ips
They sound fantastic.
All I need now is some quad tapes. Does anybody here do tape trades?
IMG_0076.JPG

My latest score is actually a pair of TEAC 4 channel reel to reels.
The 3340 rolls at 15 and 7.5 ips and the 2340SX does 7.5 and 3.75 ips
They sound fantastic.
All I need now is some quad tapes. Does anybody here do tape trades?
View attachment 16601
Being a score, I guess you got them cheap? Always wanted that 2340SX back in the day when they went for about $740. I think there was an autoreverse model of it too.

The 3340 was a craigslist score that needed some repair. The 2340SX was near mint and I paid a fairly high price for it. It all averages out!

Whatever happened to this thread? My Latest piece of gear. QM-800 power amp. Already have a QC-800a Preamp

ForumRunner_20150815_102704.jpg

Thanks for pointing that out.

Yes, and no. Show us your gear is both all about pix and about any and all the gear folks care to share, new acquisitions and gear folks have owned for a while. It's kind of like the difference between the "latest CD/LP in your collection" and "spinning on the turntable" threads.

I think the Show Us Your Gear thread competes with this one.

Am now the proud owner of Q Acoustics 2050i's in the front, 2020i's in the rear, and a 2070i sub. No centre speaker....I don't believe in them. :)
Am very happy with my purchase, for the money they're top notch. I got the white gloss finish as well, which looks great in the room.

Am now the proud owner of Q Acoustics 2050i's in the front, 2020i's in the rear, and a 2070i sub. No centre speaker....I don't believe in them. :)
Am very happy with my purchase, for the money they're top notch. I got the white gloss finish as well, which looks great in the room.

Been trying out an Oppo 105D.
The 30 days is almost up.
Wasn't impressed at first but it seems to have improved quite a bit.
Initial comparisons with my Denon weren't favourable, but did the same comparison again last night and the Oppo seems better overall.
Even my wife agreed which will make it much easier to sell her on the $1559CDN price tag.

It also helps that it was noticably better as a Bluray/DVD player when used in my HT system, picture and especially sound with the 5.1 analog outs

Been trying out an Oppo 105D.
The 30 days is almost up.
Wasn't impressed at first but it seems to have improved quite a bit.
Initial comparisons with my Denon weren't favourable, but did the same comparison again last night and the Oppo seems better overall.
Even my wife agreed which will make it much easier to sell her on the $1559CDN price tag.

It also helps that it was noticably better as a Bluray/DVD player when used in my HT system, picture and especially sound with the 5.1 analog outs

You are good to go!

Well, my gear kinda sucks compared to most of y'all, but I just upgraded my center channel speaker from a Bose something-or-other to a Polk Audio whatcha-ma-call-it, and it sounds great! I put on Karn Evil by ELP because the center channel is almost exclusively bass, and WOW! Much more crankable! :banana:
image.jpg

Well, my gear kinda sucks compared to most of y'all, but I just upgraded my center channel speaker from a Bose something-or-other to a Polk Audio whatcha-ma-call-it, and it sounds great! I put on Karn Evil by ELP because the center channel is almost exclusively bass, and WOW! Much more crankable! :banana:
View attachment 21418

Nice find!
I found a Polk Audio CS1000p (4-woofer) center recently for about 1/4 the retail price, so I grabbed it. Been loving it!

View attachment 21418

OK more important question..........is that the reflection of a tiffany style lamp on the left side of the tv?? From what Snood see it looks like a floor style??

Also.........where is the thumb shot!!!???

Back