Listening to now...in fake Quad!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Myself :eek: It seems i have by coincidence made my first quad recording! Well, to be honest its only three channels so i dont know if it counts. I have recorded some instrumental surf songs, just for fun, on my 8-track reel. Of course i mixed it in mono for the genuine sound. But in one song i wanted dragster sounds and since there was plenty of channels left i mixed them i full stereo. Since i´ve been reading this thread to get suggestion for albums to play i had the amp in vari-matrix mode when i listened to the mix...and in the rear channels there is almost no music, only roaring V8s from left to right! :D I guess this is no news to the people here who knows how quad mixing works but for me this was very exciting!! I am sure gonna do a lot of experimental mixing in the near future to test in synth quad!

Alex Bevan - No truth to sell
115758619.jpg
Sounds really nice in SQ. The tracks "Never lock the door" and "Linda´s song" is recommended.

My song? Who knew!

Well i guess a Quad goddess very well could be the inspiration to such a great song!;) I know if i ever met a female that was even remotely interested in sound equipment i would have written a whole album...probably in jail for stalking.

Two weeks ago, one of our Moderators was in town. My gut Joe and I had a great dinner with him. When I went outside to pollute my lungs, he mentioned to Joe how unusual it is for a woman to be into this stuff. Joe chuckled, since I'm just as into going to hair and nail salons and buying lingerie. I laughed my ass off while smoking because another diner had a black VW with a Pee Wee Herman doll tied to his front grille! BTW: I was smoking a Kamel Red, NOT a blunt!

Yesterday, I visited a used record store that I never knew existed. The owner's wife was kind of startled when he and I started talking gear and power amp stability when driving speakers at low bass frequencies, as impedance dips.

I actually worked with several other women in the '70's in the hi-fi business. They were also very knowledgeable.

C'est la vie!

I admit, I am smitten with the fact that you, Quad Linda are so into hi-fi. How freaking cool is that. I do not know one other gal....that matches your intellect on this . Amazing......and, to be quite honest...I don't know anyone else (guy or gal) who has your knowledge. You are the king...I mean...Queen.

Two weeks ago, one of our Moderators was in town. My gut Joe and I had a great dinner with him. When I went outside to pollute my lungs, he mentioned to Joe how unusual it is for a woman to be into this stuff. Joe chuckled, since I'm just as into going to hair and nail salons and buying lingerie. I laughed my ass off while smoking because another diner had a black VW with a Pee Wee Herman doll tied to his front grille! BTW: I was smoking a Kamel Red, NOT a blunt!

Yesterday, I visited a used record store that I never knew existed. The owner's wife was kind of startled when he and I started talking gear and power amp stability when driving speakers at low bass frequencies, as impedance dips.

I actually worked with several other women in the '70's in the hi-fi business. They were also very knowledgeable.

C'est la vie!

yes - heart of the sunrise.......over and over and over. the delay between the repeat is so quick....its almost like a never ending song - which is fine.

the slow riff it goes into is a favorite of mine - used in a titty-bar scene in the underrated Buffalo 66 movie. if u have a chance - watch it.

w.a.r.

Oh man.....just purchased a 96khz download of Led Zep.......and so now I'm listening to How Many More Times from Zep 1. I have it set to PL II and it sounds outstanding...nice separation....good stuff.

Even though you're probably a very handsome guy, Doug, it probably wouldn't look as good on you.

I'm in some right now as I type this, as I am when I usually do my QQ posts at home. :banana:

Very appropriately, I'm listening to Labelle's Nightbirds SACD 4.0, which arrived an hour ago.

Joe's been home on vacation this week. Hello, hey Joe, ... get your ya-ya, Dada, indeed.

I love to say Dada. - Brian Wilson

I still like to pronounce lingerie,"ling-er-REE" Ooo la la!

:D

Doug

Isn't lingerie a french word for clothing that lets more sound through? Perfect for feeling the surround sound while not offending the neighbours.:eek::popcorn

Back