Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoa! I keep forgetting you are on a VERY different schedule!! Happy New Year Lute!

It's only fitting that since the Japanese are ahead of us in technology that they are ahead of us in time....have a great and sate New Years Lute:bounce17

Same here! HAPPY NEW YEAR LUTE (and all the others overthere :)), I have 7 hours to wait :cool:

Thanks, guys! I hope you and all QQers have a fantastic 2016!

Yep, it's getting late over here. It's funny because you guys get going on here just when I am getting sleepy and ready to turn in for the night. I have to be careful or else I'll be up till dawn! LOL!!! :friday:

It's nice and peaceful in town. New Year's in Asia is kind of like Christmas in the West. It's a holy time spent with family. I can hear the local Buddhist temple bell ringing. They ring it 108 times on New Years.:eek:

Happy New Year to all. It has been a great year for me. Still need to upgrade some equipment. Might add the McIntosh Headphone rig and get a new Hi Res portable rig with amp/dac combo. That:yikes is a lot of money there, better stop. To my SACD.net brothers, love you all and I hope to be more involved with QQ, still trying to figure out my groove. Maybe I need to create my own? Secret.

Happy New Year, its 4:45pm here in the UK, so a few hours to go yet! So plenty of time for :brew

Great album! :upthumb

About 30 minutes ago, it turned January 1, 2016 here in Japan, so...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! :party :party :wave :party :party

Happy New Year to all. It has been a great year for me. Still need to upgrade some equipment. Might add the McIntosh Headphone rig and get a new Hi Res portable rig with amp/dac combo. That:yikes is a lot of money there, better stop. To my SACD.net brothers, love you all and I hope to be more involved with QQ, still trying to figure out my groove. Maybe I need to create my own? Secret.

I was reading your review of Chicago Transit Authority on SACD.net while listening to it yesterday, Mark. I hope you'll continue reviewing discs here on the QQ album poll or other related threads. Great to have you here. Looking forward to a wonderful year with everyone. :brew

Happy New Year, Mark, to you and your extended family.

And what are you talking about when you specify that you haven't found your GROOVE. You most certainly HAVE. You love music, you're constantly upgrading your equipment (good sign) and you're in GREAT company over here at QQ. No one judges you or your choice of music. We're all in this musical boat together and as far as I'm concerned, it's a lot better place than the old place where we were always under attack for liking Heavy Metal or Hard Rock.

So ROCK on, my friend and keep posting about new and old music and don't worry 'bout a 'thing.'

We love you too, Mark and now that we have Derek back on board..........let's all get our GROOVE going.

Sam Cooke-The Best Of Sam Cooke Hybrid SACD...so nice to see the RCA Victor Dog printed on this disc(y)..,maybe Red can get a picture of Petey stamped on one of his discs..anyway..for those that aren't familiar with Sam...he has one of the smoothest voices...dude is smooth...one of those voices that defies a category....the song You Send Me is an all time classic

Bob Dylan and The Band/The Basement Tapes-MoFi SACD..this is my second listen to this iconic album...Ralphie asked me for an opinion on this one...there are a lot of versions of the Basement Tapes around...this one has 24 songs...16 songs with Bob Dylan singing the lead..the remaining 8 are lead by some members of THE BAND(Richard Manuel..Levon Helm...Rick Danko..and Robbie Robertson)in the basement of a house in West Saugerties, New York which was lovingly called Big Pink...the recording were made on a home tape recorder...so you can imagine what a task it was to bring this 1967 homemade recording to life...and MoFi is to be commended for the job they did...this is not some demo SACD...far from it...but if you like Dylan this is a must have...it's very organic and although they have cleaned it up quite a bit it's not overly processed...the other good news about this disc is it's very affordable...I got mine brand new recently on sale for $15...selling for $20 now here http://www.musicdirect.com/p-59499-bob-dylan-and-the-band-the-basement-tapes-numbered-limited-edition-hybrid-sacd.aspx

The Best Of Santana-SACD...this is my first listen and the content is just insanely good...you have selections starting in 1969 and going forward to the late 80's...this is prime time Santana...a nice version of the Zombies "She's not there" brought a smile to my face...this disc isn't one you use as an audiophile example to your friends...it's not a sonic masterpiece...but it's NOT compressed...and you get some "hiss" sometimes...which is like a badge of honor to me....like most compilation discs taken from different sources you sometimes have small glitches..no big deal..but it delivers where it counts...THE CONTENT...that's the most important thing to me...

The Best Of Santana-SACD...this is my first listen and the content is just insanely good...you have selections starting in 1969 and going forward to the late 80's...this is prime time Santana...a nice version of the Zombies "She's not there" brought a smile to my face...this disc isn't one you use as an audiophile example to your friends...it's not a sonic masterpiece...but it's NOT compressed...and you get some "hiss" sometimes...which is like a badge of honor to me....like most compilation discs taken from different sources you sometimes have small glitches..no big deal..but it delivers where it counts...THE CONTENT...that's the most important thing to me...

I also got the Santana SACD this week, have yet to listen, but having your input helps.

Listening now to Ritchie Blackmores Rainbow, SHM SACD, Stereo, 24/88.2.
Last night I watched the new 2015 BD-V of The Ritchie Blackmore Story. Great documentary told my Ritchie Blackmore and a host of others in DTS HD Master 5.1, highly reccomend.

Latest posts

Back