Listening to now (In Surround!) - Volume 1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alan Parsons "A Valid Path" DualDisc - this is my first opportunity to listen at a good volume (just got it) and the DTS (48K) sounds great, plenty of low end, also crisp and discrete.

Hey, the Easter Eggy "Time Machine" is also in DTS 5.1!

Valid Path is super....Love it....thanks Clint...you da man.

Andy Jackson - Signal to Noise

large4820.jpg

NO!!!! Don't have my copy yet....so...how does it sound?

Mine just arrived today - got here really quickly.

On the last song now of my first listen. Initial impression is *very* positive.

:spot
Trust your feelings Lute...let the Force guide you!

Thanks! I guess I've gotta ask myself one question... Do I feel lucky? Well, the force is sending me lucky signals.:spot

Actually, I've been pondering these DVDAs...

Foreigner 4
Steely Dan Two Against Nature
Steely Dan Everything must go

Fleetwood Mac Say you will

Chicago II
Chicago V

Eric Clapton Reptile
Doobie Bros Captain & Me
Faith Hill Cry

Zappa Halloween
Zappa Quaudiophiliac

So, I guess I've got more than one question. LOL!

Alan Parsons "A Valid Path" DualDisc - this is my first opportunity to listen at a good volume (just got it) and the DTS (48K) sounds great, plenty of low end, also crisp and discrete.

Hey, the Easter Eggy "Time Machine" is also in DTS 5.1!

looks like i might need to find this one!

both steely dans and doobies are really outstanding! musts! don't know about the rest...

Beautiful! That's just what I wanted to hear. As good as the recent Steely Dan SHM-SACDs sound, they left me hungry for some SD in Mch.

Chillin' to Fourplay DVDA.

Last edited:
Pink Floyd - Live in Pompeii (in glorious quad). While reading Comfortably Numb book.
Home alone, so I plan to spend the afternoon listening to the wall demos :D and continue reading

:spot

Thanks! I guess I've gotta ask myself one question... Do I feel lucky? Well, the force is sending me lucky signals.:spot

Actually, I've been pondering these DVDAs...

Foreigner 4
Steely Dan Two Against Nature
Steely Dan Everything must go

Fleetwood Mac Say you will

Chicago II
Chicago V

Eric Clapton Reptile
Doobie Bros Captain & Me
Faith Hill Cry

Zappa Halloween
Zappa Quaudiophiliac

So, I guess I've got more than one question. LOL!

Ok..you are only listing DVD-A's...do you have a player that will play SACD's?...SACD's of some of these titles are much easier to find...

Let me mention a few of your list that I have...

Fleetwood Mac Say You Will...this one isn't good in the sound quality department and it's pretty primitive material...it's for the die hard Mac fan
Chicago II-excellent disc
Steely Dan Two Against Nature- very good..not in the same league as Gaucho(my Gaucho is SACD multi channel)..but worth a buy IMO
Steely Dan Everything Must Go- same comments as Two Against Nature..and I have Pretzel Logic SHM-SACD on order(I know it will be good and you should pick it up)..you should consider Donald Fagen's individual discs...like Nightfly..Kamakiriad...Morph The Cat...I have those and they are all very good...especially Nightfly..

Foreigner 4-great content very average sound quality...if I was voting in the poll I'd give it a 7...

Doobie Brothers Captain and Me-I have the SACD multi channel version which is supposed to be equal to the DVD-A version and it's very good and you should grab it..since you mentioned The Doobie Brothers... the Toulouse Street SACD(it's not multichannel)by MoFi is excellent..

I passed on Reptile as I didn't like the content...here is what the forum members thought of that title

I don't have any Zappa content or Faith Hill.....so I can't comment on those..

Pink Floyd - Live in Pompeii (in glorious quad). While reading Comfortably Numb book.
Home alone, so I plan to spend the afternoon listening to the wall demos :D and continue reading

I had that one of Laser Disc...brings back memories

[video=youtube;b_6hFrzsyd4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_6hFrzsyd4&list=PL89CD01B31F3BA096[/video]

I had that one of Laser Disc...brings back memories

[video=youtube;b_6hFrzsyd4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_6hFrzsyd4&list=PL89CD01B31F3BA096[/video]

I think I still have the VHS somewhere (I even had a betamax copy, but I think I threw it away when the player died). I remember having to play the video at my father's player in his room when he was not at home. Forbidden music!
Many years later, before my son was born, my wife invited me to go to Pompeii as a birthday present. The place is amazing on its own, but I remember clearly the moment when I entered the amphitheatre and was right there, at the same place where PF shot and play this magical music. Go there if you have the chance!

I have Faith Hill Cry and like it. A nice listening album with good surround sound. I also have EC Reptile and FZ Quadraphiliac. Both good as well. Just got Zappa so I will have to listen to it a few more times before I vote on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back