Listening to now (In Surround!) - Volume 1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh......do I know about that one? I don't recall...

To get the blu ray you have to buy the entire box set..the blu ray has 62 songs on it!...it's expensive now...here is an example..

I was lucky and picked up anthology on Ebay for $79...it's a shame that the vinyl and CD's won't ever be played...I wasn't as lucky when I tried to get aqualung(I was late in the game buying it)..had to scramble and paid $143 for the set just to get the blu ray...but it was worth it:)

Clint will be shaking his head over this one.

KITARO - Best of Silk Road (DVD-Audio)

Yeah, yeah. I've had this disc for years now. I'm gonna be honest here. Last time I listened to this was on my Pioneer DVD player....and my older Denon and older speakers.

Um........I cannot believe how much better this sounds on my current setup. Seriously.....over the top great sound and surround mix. I bought this disc back in the day for less than $10. Impressive to say the least.

BETTER THAN EZRA - How does Your Garden Grow (DVD-Audio)

One More Murder is a superior song...great mix....absolutely stunning. I didn't give this enough credit...

EDIT - 20 minutes later. Wow...I was sooooo wrong about this disc. It is one of the best surround discs I've ever heard. Duh......what or how did I miss this first time I listened??

So, there is a song towards end of disc called "new Kind of Low". wow oh wow......this is a super killer tune. I'm sold.

BETTER THAN EZRA - How does Your Garden Grow (DVD-Audio)

One More Murder is a superior song...great mix....absolutely stunning. I didn't give this enough credit...

EDIT - 20 minutes later. Wow...I was sooooo wrong about this disc. It is one of the best surround discs I've ever heard. Duh......what or how did I miss this first time I listened??

So, there is a song towards end of disc called "new Kind of Low". wow oh wow......this is a super killer tune. I'm sold.

I need to re-listen to this disc. When it first came out, I did not give it high marks. Now I have a completely new loudspeaker system.

Let me put a disclaimer on my comments. I was playing it very loud...no one was home. It sounded great at higher volumes.

Loud volume and a couple tasty beverages equals much better sound quality and more enjoyable listening experience (if your into that sort of thing).

I am listening to "A Fresh Aire Christmas" and it is in the middle of "Still Still Still" and I am in tears because it is so beautiful.

Doug

Listened to these:

88559_medium.jpg 23971_medium.jpg

Now listening to:

album_medium_27113_546a06c24349d.jpg

My God, I wish Dweezil would appreciate how many people would love to have more Zappa in HD and surround. This particular concert was recorded in high-def audio/video, yet as of now, it's only available on DVD. It's still pretty awesome though. :D

Edit: Dweezil's 'Zappa Plays Zappa' version of 'Peaches en Regalia' from this won the Grammy for Best Rock Instrumental Performance in 2009. :worthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back