Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 43690
Jacaszek - Pentral

Abstract Ambient music for organ & voice, Ralphie’s favorite! NOT! 🤣 LOL! But, it sounds amazing to me. 😍

Or music for those who L❤VE GOING TO THE DENTIST!

See the source image

Not currently listening but ended the day with the Super Furry Animals Love Kraft SACD at home, always have to fiddle with the system to get the full intro splash. Earlier it was Anathema, We're Here Because We're Here in the car for the third time, because sometimes I can't get enough of it.

View attachment 43698

Keeping the ambient groove going with Schiller - Leben (SACD)
Big fan of Schiller here!!
Since the start of this year, when I found out about him, I've bought most of his music, studio and live releases.
IMO.. they are brilliant.
Such a perfectionist and knows what he likes in Mixing his music.

Big fan of Schiller here!!
Since the start of this year, when I found out about him, I've bought most of his music, studio and live releases.
IMO.. they are brilliant.
Such a perfectionist and knows what he likes in Mixing his music.
As far as Ambient music in surround goes, "perfection" pretty much sums up Schiller's Leben, doesn't it!? I know we QQers often say this, but it's astonishing that more music isn't released in surround. I mean this kind of ambient music simply screams out for a surround mix to allow the music to wash over & immerse the listener in the warm, soothing sounds of the music.

I too have become a fan of Schiller and have ferreted out several BD's and a few DVD's, even an SACD. There is a lot he repeats, though, so I was thankful for Morgenstund.

But today I'm listening to the double DVD, DD 5.1 set of Djabe - Sheafs Were Dancing, from 2006 although the music goes further back I believe, and covers Sheafs Are Dancing as well as TV/Film work.
Yesterday was Stevie Nicks - Live & Eric Clapton with special guest JJ Cale.

Back