Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alexander Nevsky/Lte. Kijé Suite[Reference Recordings/5.0 SACD/RBCD layer HDCD encoded] FABULOUS!

91AmrDoJiiL._SL1500_.jpg

Poe me some mo' Halloween magic

View attachment 43738 The Alan Parsons Project Tales of Mystery and Imagination: Edgar Allan Poe

I listened to this LP on HEADphones quite a LOT during the summer of '76
Nice spooky disk. Good call.
I found this album at a used record store and was immediately attracted to The Edgar Allan Poe theme (enjoyed his writing) and secondly to the Hipgnosis album cover art that was sooo similar to Dark Side of the Moon...and then I thought about his involvement with Dark Side, and finally I was familiar with I Robot (both Parsons’ music and Asimov’s books) so it had to go home with me...

The Doobie Brothers - Rockin Down The Highway -The Wildlife Concert DVDV.
DD 5.1 but the guys played really good to a studio audience in NY.
I have learned to lower my standards to include DD 5.1 when it comes to concert videos.
....Recently I took the 5.1 from a Tangerine Dream - Londoneye Concert DVD and put it on the STEREO ONLY BD version. Still scratching my head WHY they only put
stereo on the BD! Even has 5.1 on the cover. But anyway I fumbled my way through it somehow with only about 10 compiles and finally the sound is only a tiny bit out of sync.

I haven't listened to the 2009 version for a while so I don't have a back to back comparison yet but I think there is more panning going on around the room, possibly more in the rears as well, it's crystal clear and lovely to listen to (twice now) there are lots of extras as well but only the album itself is in surround, there is only a video of one song (21st Century Schizoid Man live at Hyde Park 1969)
I won't get a chance to re-visit the 2009 mix until tomorrow to compare, I'll get back then if no-one has beaten me to it.

Back