Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big Big Train - Reflectors of Light 5.1 LPCM Blu-ray concert video.
Mine arrived today as well Sven.
There is no other band quite like them
This is a live show isn't it? As the surround mix is their normal, very high standard. Take note Steve Hackett, your shows are great but come on, make them work in surround like these guys and gal do.

Another Big Big sure fire winner here folks.

Last edited:
Played at 11 naturally. A defining album of my youth that never gets old.

Megadeth: Peace Sells...But Who's Buying (DVDA 5.1)

R-806442-1160714445.jpeg.jpg

DVD Audio 5.1 24/96, Tommy, The Who. Just got this, been collecting surround for quite a few years now, not sure why I waited, maybe I always felt Tommy wasn't quite heavy enough for me, compared to Quadrophenia which is a surround beast.
View attachment 44477

I've always found TOMMY more musically satisfying than Quadrophenia and the DVD~A of TOMMY is awesome. I do like the Criterion BD~V of Quadrophenia, however, but just never fully warmed up to the album although I do agree, the surround is excellent.

I've always found TOMMY more musically satisfying than Quadrophenia and the DVD~A of TOMMY is awesome. I do like the Criterion BD~V of Quadrophenia, however, but just never fully warmed up to the album although I do agree, the surround is excellent.
Yes this DVD-A of Tommy is super, all kinds of little things to hear. I read the polls of the SACD-DVD-A & BD and I am glad I picked my favorite format DVD-A.

I love this kind of rowdy country music, Big & Rich, Gretchen Wilson and this (CD & DVD) 5.1 24/48 concert DVD. Picture quality is OK and surround, is concert ambient at best, but the music is fun.
View attachment 44478

Hee Haw, Markie. Don't let Adam Blue get wind there's an ambient 'surround' soundtrack .........as Sir Adam of Bucklees cringes at the mere mention of the term!

See the source image

Ambience is like stale popcorn with a rancid buttery aftertaste!

Last edited:
Back