Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh isn't it fabulous..!! :eek: After a long day, feet up in the sweet spot with a drink in hand and oh my its just multichannel bliss.. Audio Fidelity really delivered the goods with this one.. the players are all at the top of their game (and yet prove less IS more..) ....and has Elliot Scheiner had a finer surround music gig in his illustrious career.. :worthy

I couldn't have summed it up better!

Grover Washington, "Winelight", Audio Fidelity SACD.

I was so happy to see this release because I never picked up the DVDA, but I never listen to it! Tonight, it was just what I needed.

When I first purchased the DVD-A a couple of years ago I played the first song and I knew what an awesome surround it was...I was familiar with the album..and I must admit that as much as I'm a rock music fan at heart.. this disc has a prominent place in my heart...it kind of makes me get upset when someone calls it "soft" jazz...because it's so much more than that...it's not elevator music by any stretch...it has texture and depth...it's one of those discs that I would never part with...when the SACD came out I kept the DVD-A as well....I usually transition to just one format...but this one deserves both formats...and I was so happy that people who never had a chance to buy the DVD-A got this opportunity to have it on SACD...it was a home run for AF...

When I first purchased the DVD-A a couple of years ago I played the first song and I knew what an awesome surround it was...I was familiar with the album..and I must admit that as much as I'm a rock music fan at heart.. this disc has a prominent place in my heart...it kind of makes me get upset when someone calls it "soft" jazz...because it's so much more than that...it's not elevator music by any stretch...it has texture and depth...it's one of those discs that I would never part with...when the SACD came out I kept the DVD-A as well....I usually transition to just one format...but this one deserves both formats...and I was so happy that people who never had a chance to buy the DVD-A got this opportunity to have it on SACD...it was a home run for AF...

Every word you say is like velvety soft peaches and honey and sweet nectar on my ears! Messy but delectable! :p

Check out THE coolest 5.1 channel check - ever - on this Acura demo disc...

You sly dog:cool:

..and the multichannel maestro building a 5.1 mix
(I'm not ashamed to admit I was a bit teary-eyed the first time I heard the little clip from this DVD-A demo disc.. Scheiner is just a surround supremo, a personal hero in my little hobby.. and his reworking of Winelight is for me a shining example of his immense talent for mixing surround music)

Again but choices are few in hardrock/metal in surround and this is just nice :) does anyone wanna sell the Manowar sacd? :couch and Scorpions Moment of Glory as a bargain? :ugham:

2hdsiyr.jpg

Just received my Dutton/Vocalion order I was eagerly waiting for and I'm playing this one first. Absolutely amazing! :)

I confess being a huge fan of Instrumental Pop from the 50's, 60's and 70's so these discs are right up my alley. If only we could get some Bert Kaempfert and James Last in Quad.

..and the multichannel maestro building a 5.1 mix
(I'm not ashamed to admit I was a bit teary-eyed the first time I heard the little clip from this DVD-A demo disc.. Scheiner is just a surround supremo, a personal hero in my little hobby.. and his reworking of Winelight is for me a shining example of his immense talent for mixing surround music)

He also has a great voice...very calming...he could have been a radio personality with that type of voice...just saying...glad he didn't go that route... for all the great work he has done..

The Montenegro albums always sound marvelous. This one is no exception. :)

More Instrumental Pop from the 70's. Geoff Love and his Orchestra under the name of Manuel And The Music Of The Mountains. Carnival - Quad LP Columbia ‎– Q4 TWO 337

Right now:

U2 – Rattle And Hum on HD-DVD.

Playing it at 0dB, with my Subwoofer pushed to +12dB (which I've never done before, but works wonders with this disc with Claytons' Bass pushing my innards).

I am no U2 fan, but boy, this one gets me going. Very good soundtrack to my liking, on of the few Concerts I have actually listened to back to back a couple of times.

Last week at 01:30 a.m. in the morning on Jan.26th my wife woke me up and said our daughter Amy just had a son, which would make me a first time grandfather(have a hard time saying that word).
So here's the power of music a few minutes later I have this song playing in my head, The Who-"Its a Boy" ......A Son,a Son A Son........
This morning driving into work had Who's Tommy Dvda playing in the car and will be spinning that some more on way home today.

peter

Last week at 01:30 a.m. in the morning on Jan.26th my wife woke me up and said our daughter Amy just had a son, which would make me a first time grandfather(have a hard time saying that word).
So here's the power of music a few minutes later I have this song playing in my head, The Who-"Its a Boy" ......A Son,a Son A Son........
This morning driving into work had Who's Tommy Dvda playing in the car and will be spinning that some more on way home today.

peter

Congratulations to you and your family Peter for this wonderful news!

Back