Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
XTC

Non.jpg & Sky.jpg

Continued my week of Surround with a couple of beers and Megadeth - Peace Sells & followed it up Medeski , Martin & Wood- Uninvisible. Listened to the Megadeth at high volume after work with a few beers. I sat in the sweet spot and had an enjoyable head banging time. Followed that with Medeski Martin & Wood's Uninvisible. They helped me melt into the couch after Megadeth. I thought both discs were great for what they were. I went to the polls and saw how low the Megadeth disc was rated compared to the discs that were rated behind it & went WTF. I love the Donna's & Oasis, but neither one of these are better than the Megadeth. I hope to have a few more adult beverages soon and go to the basement and turn back up the volume on a few more long lost discs.

Continued my week of Surround with a couple of beers and Megadeth - Peace Sells & followed it up Medeski , Martin & Wood- Uninvisible. Listened to the Megadeth at high volume after work with a few beers. I sat in the sweet spot and had an enjoyable head banging time. Followed that with Medeski Martin & Wood's Uninvisible. They helped me melt into the couch after Megadeth. I thought both discs were great for what they were. I went to the polls and saw how low the Megadeth disc was rated compared to the discs that were rated behind it & went WTF. I love the Donna's & Oasis, but neither one of these are better than the Megadeth. I hope to have a few more adult beverages soon and go to the basement and turn back up the volume on a few more long lost discs.
Well as I always say, no disc treatment, no cables, no power supplies work for the listener better than a little alcohol.
I know what people are talking about with Megadeth, and they are right, but it is the way it is. The complaint is that Mustaine's vocals are recessed in the back of all the music of the band. All the stereo disc's sound the same way when you really listen but the surround of Peace Sells just magnify's the defect. But when metal surround discs are the bottom of the heap you will never here me complain.

Atom Heart Mother - Quad mix

Jeez - on song 1, about the 15-17 minute mark, the quaddiness is just nuts. Goes in slow circles, over and over. Talk about some psychedelic trippy stuff. Gotta love it. Of course, I always had the regular 2 channel version, but this Quad is awesome and fun. :smokin

Atom Heart Mother - Quad mix

Jeez - on song 1, about the 15-17 minute mark, the quaddiness is just nuts. Goes in slow circles, over and over. Talk about some psychedelic trippy stuff. Gotta love it. Of course, I always had the regular 2 channel version, but this Quad is awesome and fun. :smokin

I always liked the quad mix on Atom Heart Mother Suite for the very reason you describe. I think it's seriously underrated by some and I can't understand why. :rolleyes:

I'm glad Pink Floyd finally got around to reissuing this quad classic-a must own.:smokin

Listening now to the very heavy and perfect Soundgarden, Badmotorfinger, 5.1 DTS Master 96Khz. How come no poll? I want to vote 10, and while I am at it, how come I only have 3 stars? I want more stars.

Listening now to the very heavy and perfect Soundgarden, Badmotorfinger, 5.1 DTS Master 96Khz. How come no poll? I want to vote 10, and while I am at it, how come I only have 3 stars? I want more stars.

I can help you with the poll, but I cannot help you with the stars...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a fine Saturday chance to spin Pink Floyd WYWH Blu Ray and our four year old daughter came in from the other room and asked, "is that Mr. Gilmour?", too cool.

Listening now to Better Than Ezra, How Does Your Garden Grow. Very discrete but mellow at the same time. The mix is great but different, hard to explain. PCM, 48Khz, Dolby Digital, menu is just push and play, no options, just single track list.
After 50 miles on the bicycle today and a lot of other stuff, I am now fading, a perfect disc.

Well, then Markie you have to stop being a man of so few words and POST more. You get maximum stars from me for your sound system and for your 'unbridled' enthusiasm but if you really want MORE stars then become an 'A List' celebrity and you'll have your STAR on the Hollywood Walk of Fame [next to James Dean and John Wayne:confused:]

And really wish the Soundgarden Badmotorfinger would be released as a stand alone BD~A because as much as I like the group, I don't need more RBCDs in my already oversaturated RBCD collection. And for the price of that set, I can add 10 (TEN!!!!! count 'em) 3D BD~Vs to my collection.

Listening to NOW:

Foreigner MLP DVD~A 5.1, Foreigner IV: MLP DVD~A 5.1, Steely Dan: Two Against Nature MLP DVD~A 5.1 and Simple Minds: Once Upon a Time MLP DVD~A 5.1, Donald Fagen: Kamakiriad MLP DVD~A 5.1 and The Beach Boy's: Surf's Up (a GREAT album, IMO) SACD 4.0 [?]

Back