Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hugo.jpg

I know that most here are keen on the Godfather half of this disc - and that's fine! I came of age during the late 60's and Hugo's theme from "The Good, The Bad & the Ugly" was inescapable on the radio (reaching #3 on the Billboard Top 100) - "doo wah doo Waco" or something to that effect. As a result of this "novelty" spaghetti western theme, I was turned on to the fabulous compositions of the great Ennio Morricone. Excellent reissue by Dutton!

Herbie Hancock - Thrust [sacd] I freally love this quad-mixes from the seventies

and now for something completely different...
Tomita - Space Fantasy [sacd] not bad either, but what I'd really love to hear would be his Ravel-Album

I really like these Simple Minds's 80's album surround mixes :smokin

upon_zps6sy8psiy.jpg

I have been watching True Detective Season 2, on blu ray, last couple of days, and noticed the very cool Leonard Cohen opening sequence theme song. I belive it is not discrete, but there is sounds in the back channels, and with the 5.1 to 7.1.4 dsp engaged - it sounds very immersive.

View attachment 28588

I know that most here are keen on the Godfather half of this disc - and that's fine! I came of age during the late 60's and Hugo's theme from "The Good, The Bad & the Ugly" was inescapable on the radio (reaching #3 on the Billboard Top 100) - "doo wah doo Waco" or something to that effect. As a result of this "novelty" spaghetti western theme, I was turned on to the fabulous compositions of the great Ennio Morricone. Excellent reissue by Dutton!

Thanks for this info, I love all those tunes, just purchased direct from Dutton's website. Yes, novelty disc, but in MCH, I couldn't resist.

An oldie, goldie. Quatermass cd/dvd

Some of the tracks had to be upmixed/Penteo ? as the multi's were'nt available or too damaged with time-.THIS SHOULD SERVE AS A WARNING TO ALL THOSE ARTISTS DRAGGING THEIR FEET ON SURROUND RELEASES !!

20170209_163651.jpg

I am immensely enjoying Australian artist Ben Craven's TUNISIA: Two False Idols in superbly recorded 5.1 DTS sonics. VERY highly recommended. Also comes with a RBCD.

Available from Ben's website: https://bencraven.bandcamp.com/album/two-false-idols

A really fine album with a stunning 5.1 mix.

Approximately $21 delivered to the USA and WELL WORTH IT!

Just finished another spin of this disc (Two False Idols) and I cannot recommend it enough. Just before it in the player was Deadwing, and I have to say they are comparable in quality, content, and mix. I would love to see a poll on Two False Idols (can anyone start a Hi Res poll?) because this release deserves to have our attention and support!

Just finished another spin of this disc (Two False Idols) and I cannot recommend it enough. Just before it in the player was Deadwing, and I have to say they are comparable in quality, content, and mix. I would love to see a poll on Two False Idols (can anyone start a Hi Res poll?) because this release deserves to have our attention and support!

Ordered! Thanks for the tip. Man this is an expensive hobby!

Just got home from a very hectic day at work and this is my 'Friday'

Starting the evening with: Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road :smokin :friday:

Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother

I want to form a band called 'Blue Elmer' and release an album called 'Proton Brain Father' :confused:

View attachment 28588

After nearly burning a whole in Floyd Cramer ;), I'm back to Hugo. Awesome Quad mix!

Back