Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cross1999_zpsgbklplsm.jpg

The first Crossroads concert - 1999 DVD, nice surround-mix, only DD but sounds good.

Pink Floyd : Atom Heart Mother(full album) Quad from the 1970 box.Have not heard this album before:mad:@:Really like it so far,I'm on the last track now.
Nice quad mix and I love the title track!:)

Elton John "Candle In The Wind (Acoustic)" from Goodbye Yellow Brick Road SACD... this version sounds so amazing in surround, simple mix with beautiful background vocals in the rears. I LOVE vocals when given an immersive surround mix (for example, "Seven Bridges Road" by The Eagles, "Shesmovedon" by Porcupine Tree, or selected acapella songs on the New York Voices "Let It Snow" SACD)... if anyone knows of any other vocal mixes of the caliber of these, please let me know!

Elton John "Candle In The Wind (Acoustic)" from Goodbye Yellow Brick Road SACD... this version sounds so amazing in surround, simple mix with beautiful background vocals in the rears. I LOVE vocals when given an immersive surround mix (for example, "Seven Bridges Road" by The Eagles, "Shesmovedon" by Porcupine Tree, or selected acapella songs on the New York Voices "Let It Snow" SACD)... if anyone knows of any other vocal mixes of the caliber of these, please let me know!

Zephyr: Voices Unbound (AIX Records DVD-Audio)
Ladysmith Black Mambazo: Long Walk To Freedom (Heads Up SACD)

Boyz II Men's acapella cover of 'yesterday' is surprisingly great in surround. (And sounds hi-rez to boot)

I have Eric Johnson's "Ah Via Musicom" DVD-A on right now. It took me a few years to acquire a copy! Listening, I can see why Eric was upset and wanted the disc pulled; it does have significant differences, musically speaking, from the stereo release. But the high-res sound is a wonder to behold, especially considering Eric's recording technique.

Yesterday I gave Sabbath another quick listen.

Although not high rez , The QUAD MIX is excellent . Love Iommi's guitar riffs .:smokin

20170329_191805.jpg20170329_191858.jpg20170329_191902.jpg

Quad mix by Butcher and "Spock Wall " the bands roadie ! They dun good---now we need the quad disc of Sabotage .:D

Back