Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lost.jpg

And before

front.jpg

:)

How does it compare to the Survivor [SACD] Simon?

I'll answer that $1,000,000 question as soon as I get Survivor, which hopefully is soon. :)

I admit that the mix is pretty neat. Could be a little more discrete in some tracks, but it rocks, even if it's in DD 448 kbps. :)

It's a bit of a prog Sunday for me.

First it was King Crimson - "Discipline" (one of my fave albums of all time period)

Now onto Yes - "Tales From Topographic Oceans". This is a much better album now than it was in 1974, no?

Yes - Songs from Tsongas - The 35th Anniversary Concert

102627_large.jpg

Although it's in 5.1 DTS-HD MA, it's really not that surroundy, but it's an amazing concert from the last tour of the 'real' Yes. Some great song choices, high energy performances, and a really cool acoustic set too. Love the shuffle version of Roundabout. As the last thing to be released from the classic line-up, these guys really went out on a high note (pun intended). :smokin

Steve Hackett - The Night Siren Blu-ray, only my third listen but it's starting to grow on me, I had to turn my sub down for it, :confused:never had to do that for anything else I've played on my new speakers.

NightSirenAlbumCover.jpg

Stratovarius - Elements Pt.1&2 Complete Edition DVDV, my first listen, the sub is turned back up to it's 'normal' volume.(y)

Strat.jpg

It's a bit of a prog Sunday for me.

First it was King Crimson - "Discipline" (one of my fave albums of all time period)

Now onto Yes - "Tales From Topographic Oceans". This is a much better album now than it was in 1974, no?

Do not mean to get too far off topic but last week Tales From Topographic Oceans reel at 7.5 IPS sold for 230.50 on e bay.

Kelly Rowland ‎– Simply Deep (SACD)

She may not has received as much exposure as her former Destiny's Child counterpart, but the 5.1 mix on her album can give anyone a run for their money. Absolutely killer mix here!

R-6809075-1427065170-5802.jpeg.jpg

Back