Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blackfield - V

large6327.jpg

C.P.E. Bach: Sinfonias for Strings Wq 182 Nos. 1-6 (PentaTone SACD)

The English Concert
Trevor Pinnock

A late Quad (1979) recording, which has plenty of warmth considering it's an early digital one. I remember listening to this album in stereo back in the 1980s. An excellent performance that opens up wonderfully in Quad. I sure hope PentaTone can release any other Quad recordings by Trevor Pinnock (or Christopher Hogwood for that matter).

20dim_zpsylrkpv7o.jpg

:smokin

I would like to add that the included dvd-video concert (dts), like the dvd-a album, has great surround mix and fidelty.

I am so confused after reading the reviews/discussion on the poll for this. LOL! :mad:@: There seems to be different versions floating around. I haven't listened to mine in a while. IIRC, it sounded like double stereo. No doubt about it being a great album, though. Rock on, Mark! :brew

OK, Brett my friend, it could be I was a little to Friday night happy, but home, not working and very loud DTS out of 5 speakers was a 10 at that moment. I love it.
I wanted to get back to you about another disc, Telarc's Western Classic Round Up, not really worth buying. It advertises as having sound effects which I assumed was on every track but is only on two short tracks, maybe a third has a gun shot I think. It is only a novelty SACD in mch but primarily is classical western music that is nothing special.

Did a little Beatles comparison on "A Day In The Life " from Love. and Anthology.

Both are worthwhile surround and so now there will be a 3rd version with "Pepper's " release. (y)

and someone wanted to know who mixed Anthology----so there they are .

20170407_181301.jpg20170407_181307.jpg20170407_181318.jpg

OK, Brett my friend, it could be I was a little to Friday night happy, but home, not working and very loud DTS out of 5 speakers was a 10 at that moment. I love it.
I wanted to get back to you about another disc, Telarc's Western Classic Round Up, not really worth buying. It advertises as having sound effects which I assumed was on every track but is only on two short tracks, maybe a third has a gun shot I think. It is only a novelty SACD in mch but primarily is classical western music that is nothing special.

that one with the cowboy on the horse is total shit surround, the worst Telarc MultiCh SACD I've heard by a "country" mile.. yee NAH!

858_large.jpg

The original version with the discrete surround. I listened to it quite recently, but I was pretty drunk when I put it on, so re-listening before I get too drunk this time. :D I totally understand why some people don't like discrete surround on live video concerts, but I just freakin' love it! It's such a rare treat.

Back