Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Santana III Q8 conversion - Great album, Great discrete mix... if only it was hi-res! The first 3 Santana's have excellent discrete Quad mixes... went to listen to "Amigos" SQ conversion because i love the song "Europa", but what a disappointing mix (nothing discrete in the rears, as far as I can tell). Hope we get the first 3 albums in hi-res!

"Amigos" is a huge disappointment in Quad for a fab album. to my mind its either a Fred Catero fake or f*ck up (same with his Quad of Herbie Hancock's "Secrets" from the same year.. at least that's in Q8 form so you have a better guess at working out what's up with it... maybe? i've never heard the "Secrets" Q8 so no scooby doo whats goin' on!) ..they're "Quad Jim but not as we know it!"..!! :ugham:

if they were all as good as these two in surround we wouldn't need the QQ Polls!

3 (Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy) (Elton John) & (Honky Château)

edit: there is one "deliberate mistake" in the HC 5.1 mix that once I heard it i can't now unhear it.. during "Think I'm Going To Kill Myself".. did you catch it?

"I'll take off Tom Petty and his mates Hypnotic Eye and put Elton back in", >listening< "No I didn't, what is it?"

not worthy!! :worthy

only got one "gripe" with that set, the glaring omission of Sweet Home Alabama (the studio cut we all know) in surround but that's not the Multichannel Masters' fault if the multi's aren't there even he can't perform miracles! (maybe an upmix was considered, we'll doubtless never know! at least the BD-A has it in surround, albeit live.)

The SACD 5.1 of Southern Surroundings has three discs and is a better value. Disc 1 RBCD Greatest Hits 14 tracks, Disc 2 DVD V, 7 tracks Live (Sweet Home Alabama included) on Old Grey Whistle Test, BBC Television and Disc Three, 10 Elliot Scheiner 5.1 tracks. The Blu Ray 11 tracks only, not a good deal compared to the 3 disc set.

3 (Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy) (Elton John) & (Honky Château)

"I'll take off Tom Petty and his mates Hypnotic Eye and put Elton back in", >listening< "No I didn't, what is it?"

the reverb effect is missing on his vocal in the "I'd" bit in the line "I'd make an exception if you want to save my life, Brigitte Bardot gotta come and see me every niiiiiiight"

The SACD 5.1 of Southern Surroundings has three discs and is a better value. Disc 1 RBCD Greatest Hits 14 tracks, Disc 2 DVD V, 7 tracks Live (Sweet Home Alabama included) on Old Grey Whistle Test, BBC Television and Disc Three, 10 Elliot Scheiner 5.1 tracks. The Blu Ray 11 tracks only, not a good deal compared to the 3 disc set.

pretty sure it was a DVD-A in that Wal-Mart set rather than an SACD?
..but i agree with you the set was great VFM!

OH jeez....is this something else I need to buy? I don't have this title...in any format.

You NEED this! Scheiner mixes of the best Lynyrd Skynyd tunes... nuff said.

edit: not nuff said... isolated guitars in various speakers coming at you... That sound on "That Smell" is incredible(y)

Seal- Best 1991-2004 DVD-A ...So far, the acoustic versions are blowing the originals away in terms of surround mixes... too bad the acoustic versions aren't at the same resolution as the originals

OH jeez....is this something else I need to buy? I don't have this title...in any format.

its Scheiner,
its surround,
its Classic Rock..

its Classic Rock, mixed into Surround sound, by Elliot Scheiner..

Surround..
Scheiner..
Rock..
Paper,
Scissors,
Credit card!

you know the drill.. ;)

I guess I'll be the first to say....I'm listening to SGT Pepper from the deluxe box set. DTS HD Master 5.1

And, I'm absolutely loving this...most likely more than some others seem to be. I would pay $128 all over again for this. No regrets and this is an absolute joy to own. :)
61B436BE-D7B9-4672-B30B-4D752E9B6C0B.jpg

You NEED this! Scheiner mixes of the best Lynyrd Skynyd tunes... nuff said.

edit: not nuff said... isolated guitars in various speakers coming at you... That sound on "That Smell" is incredible(y)

"That Smell " is far and away my favourite tune on that E.S. DVDA (great song !!:smokin )

I wasn't aware the DVD/A had anything "live " in surround , gonna have to give it a re-spin cause I missed that . (y)

Back