Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some cool surround stuff too... "In The Skeleton Gallery" has a very cool panning effect where a large group marching (skeletons?) comes from behind the left rear channel and marches clockwise around the room into the disctance behind the right rear:smokin Just the perfect amount of surround gimmicks on this release (I love it!)

There is some very heavy skeleton panning going on during "Skeleton Dance" on my new album too. Check it out! :banana:

czbPV4d.jpg

:smokin

AFSAM215-Large.jpg

:smokin :brew :banana:

Does this copy you have ACTUALLY STATE IT'S QUAD ?, on the sleeve (or anywhere for that matter )

I don't have this title yet and was looking at all the titles I have that are quad from A.F. and not any (other than The Doors-Quadradisc) state they are QUAD even though the adverts do.

I find it strange that at this time period of multichannel acceptance that QUAD is still a no-no , or so it would seem from the A.F. QUAD issues to date .

Does this copy you have ACTUALLY STATE IT'S QUAD ?, on the sleeve (or anywhere for that matter )

I don't have this title yet and was looking at all the titles I have that are quad from A.F. and not any (other than The Doors-Quadradisc) state they are QUAD even though the adverts do.

I find it strange that at this time period of multichannel acceptance that QUAD is still a no-no , or so it would seem from the A.F. QUAD issues to date .

Mine says Quad, just not in bold print like the picture you quoted.

1st time listen: Kompendium - Beneath the Waves 5.1 FLAC newly purchased thank you Mr. Reed, very nice in all aspects! Have all the other Robert Reed 5.1 discs (I think) but this one eluded me somehow...situation now rectified!

Random Pink Floyd afternoon Surround Playlist (Going to see Roger Waters tonight!):

A Pillow of Winds (Meddle BD-A)
Careful With That Axe Eugene (Live at Pompei BD-A)
Atom Heart Mother Suite (Atom Heart Mother Quad BD-A)
Wish You Were Here (Side Two) (Wish You Were Here Quad BD-A)
The Division Bell (Side One) (The Division Bell DVD)
Dark Side Of The Moon (Side One) (Dark Side Of The Moon Quad BD-A)
Fearless (Meddle BD-A)
Dark Side Of The Moon (Side Two) (Dark Side Of The Moon Quad BD-A)
Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast (Atom Heart Mother Quad BD-A)

If only we could get The Wall, Animals, And The Delicate Sound Of Thunder in surround...

And Obscured By Clouds!

Fact: This a true Quad 4.0 release, the one you would get now would likely be the corrected version from AF as there where phasing problems, if I recall. I have the original release and the corrected release. When listening there is no sound coming out of the center speaker on my 5.1 system. There is activity coming out of sub. Hope that helps.
Edit: After reading Rick Kosmick's excellent review on HRAudio.net the original problem was with the original Mono layer on this disc, too much left speaker, now corrected.

Having a lazy day -- on vacation, with a tropical cyclone blowing through, lots of rain to add to the surround effects 8') -- and comparing the SACD / DVD-A / Blu Ray of Beck's SEA CHANGE (seemed appropriate, for some reason).

On first blush I believe I like them in that order: SACD > DVD-A > blu ray. The first two are close, however!

Mine says Quad, just not in bold print like the picture you quoted.

Gene, can you post a pic ??

@Marpow,

You misunderstood, I'm not questioning whether the recording is quad , just the lack of the indication QUAD on the sleeve or any sleeves from A.F.
Can u toss up a pic for me ? Thanks. (y)

Back