Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally purchased and received this title. I honestly don't know what took me so long to buy it. And, first time listener! I love it...quirky, new sounding King Crimson. Sweet...

Three of a Perfect Pair.

If you like this if you haven't already you need to check out the Neal and Jack and Me DVD it contains 2 concerts featuring the Beat album in Europe 1982 and the Three of a Perfect Pair album in Japan 1984.

Thanks!

Just ordered the concert DTS. I too have looked far and wide, to no avail, for a reasonable copy of the Live SACD. It seems to be a unicorn

Sorry! NF. Found a HAMMERED copy at a price I could tolerate. Have never found a copy of their live SACD at a reasonable price.
BUT (pro tip): the concert DVD (DTS) is very likely the same damned mix and sounds great... ;)

This was a nice surprise - a low recording with high DR - in electronic music :banana:

TbIXLdD.jpg

Great surround mix, sounds excellent :smokin

I have ordered the second one as well.

Ripped without problem in 6.1.

Thanks!

Just ordered the concert DTS. I too have looked far and wide, to no avail, for a reasonable copy of the Live SACD. It seems to be a unicorn

that Live album does exist on Dbl SACD, v.htf for sensible money but right now there are 4 copies on Discogs so its not a mythical release.. even some of the more unicorn-like MCh SACDs, like Frank Galan's Promesas amazingly exist, though i've only ever seen 1 copy and only known 2 people (including the chap with that copy) who have ever said they've owned it - and those two people coming forward saying they owned it was about 10 years apart, so they may even have been the same copy! :D

Jethro Tull - Songs From The Woods
This is my first listen of this album and it totally blew me away! It's soooo good!!! Now I am moved to the live dvd from the set and Mr. Anderson and Co blew me away again with their incredible live perfomance! Just think about it... year 1977. :yikes The year I was born.:D
For me this is definitly the best box set of the year 2017!

Sorry! NF. Found a HAMMERED copy at a price I could tolerate. Have never found a copy of their live SACD at a reasonable price.
BUT (pro tip): the concert DVD (DTS) is very likely the same damned mix and sounds great... ;)

Alison Krauss + Union Station: Live (SACD) is the probably the best live recording I've ever heard. It was recorded live straight to DSD. The mix is pretty standard live mix, with the band across the front and audience in the rear. It's a shame that it's so expensive on the used market. I just scratch my head a lot of times why some of these titles aren't re-released.

Finally purchased and received this title. I honestly don't know what took me so long to buy it. And, first time listener! I love it...quirky, new sounding King Crimson. Sweet...

Three of a Perfect Pair.

Your not late Gene. I just got my copy yesterday .--also- Beat----for the 2nd time !! My original Beat never arrived!!---went missing, either destroyed or stolen, the latter most likely.
Oh well "shit happens " but it's all better now.:smokin

:banana:

Jethro Tull-Songs From The Wood. First and 2nd listen to :

Quad dts (EP) the 4 songs . (y)

Sounds very good indeed. Very Nice and well---kinda bright :sun.(unlike TOO OLD-QUAD , which sounds somewhat muted to me).

20170622_191207.jpg

Back