Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Beatles - Sgt Peppers (-4dB LCR & LFE) really brings out the surrounds without the worry of added distortion. Hell, it's still a bit front heavy overall, but reasonably so. I burnt myself out on this when it first came out in surround, but wow, I'm lovin' it now. :smokin

I hear the ending as roughly 'Am-ba-du-swei-an-dei-o-voh-wah' but here it is backwards: :yikes

[video=youtube;erROQrJqzhw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erROQrJqzhw[/video]

I always thought that it was common knowledge that the ending is never-to-see-any-other-way.

Rush - Snakes & Arrows Special Edition DVDV 5.1 Dobly Digital:yikes

Wow this one is mixed loud:yikes

TLXB4UP.jpg

Sure, there was a quad, and it's a wild ride. I don't recall the label ownership though at the moment if it were a possibility. Would be a super release, but not trying to add to the rumour mill.

Two Q8's back in the quad era, on SIRE/GRT . Live @Rainbow, and Moving Waves .

Not certain who has their catalog now.

Rush - Snakes & Arrows Special Edition DVDV 5.1 Dobly Digital:yikes

Wow this one is mixed loud:yikes

TLXB4UP.jpg

As a Rush fan, I'm not impressed much this 5.1 mix, but it's better than nothing, I suppose. The CD of the album is pretty muddy. At least the 5.1 mix opens things up a bit, especially on a track like Main Monkey Business.
At least you can finally hear all the parts. The DD is dingy though. And about 1/2 the songs on S&A are sub-par for Rush.

I've owned this disc for a long time - and honestly, I find it as refreshing today as I did years ago. Wow! I'd say, if any of you don't own this...seek it out. It is one wacko trip.....

:)

The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots

YEP!
One of my demo discs.

Anthony Phillips - The Geese and the Ghost

Honestly, this is an amazing sounding surround experience.....if you like old Genesis and or Peter Gabriel....you owe it to yourself to buy this. Wonderful...

NIN Live - Beside You in Time - BD-V Dolby TrueHD 5.1
Among the most bonkers discrete concerts I've heard! :mad:@::confused::mad:@::confused::mad:@:
Music video extras are discrete 5.1 in Dolby TrueHD. Pretty cool bonus. (y)

Last edited:
Rolling Stones: Live at the Max - BD-V DTS-HD Master 5.1
Not ultra-discrete all the time, but plenty of meaningful surround moments and very immersive.

This is the Rolling Stones of my youth... Performance is great. Set is great (for me). PQ great. Recording great. Mix, pretty damn good.

Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks. Has my top two Dylan songs: Simple Twist of Fate, and Tangled Up In Blue.

This is one of the most crankable mixes I have. The louder I play it, the better it sounds.

I reduce the bass by 3 dB. It almost seems like they doubled the bass somehow by mistake......

Back