Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Early afternoon and still nursing this cold/flu thing so playing something soothing...

Yo-Yo Ma Plays Ennio Morricone on SACD in 5point1

Got my flu Wednesday only thing soothing is sleep when and if Snood can get it :howl

I hope everybody stays safe through the course of this flu. Fortunately, the Baggins house is vaccinated and we've avoided it, thus far.
Three of our friends and family, however, got so sick they actually thought they were going to die and updated their wills.
If you are sick, please, please, please take it seriously, get lots of rest, boost your immunity however you can and just get better, so we can continue to have good times together.

I hope everybody stays safe through the course of this flu. Fortunately, the Baggins house is vaccinated and we've avoided it, thus far.
Three of our friends and family, however, got so sick they actually thought they were going to die and updated their wills.
If you are sick, please, please, please take it seriously, get lots of rest, boost your immunity however you can and just get better, so we can continue to have good times together.

Sad thing is baggins is that the current vaccine is only 10 percent effective this year......it might help the flu not last as long but still :howl

and it doesn't help when 3 of your co workers come to work with the flu........just so they do not have to use any 100s of hours of sick leave they have saved up:rolleyes: WTF?!

Snood do not get it........Snood gave one of them a piece of me mind and the other 2 will get it when i get back - got Momma Snood gotta worry bout too and for people to not care about others to that extent is beyond Snood:howl

Eric Clapton Give Me Strength Box Set. Listened to There's One in Every Crowd 4.0. Now listening to ES 5.1 of 461 Ocean Blvd. Love that both albums are on one blu Ray disc.

In a Saturday Night state of mind, visions of wave forms and talk of Dolby slip away, and all that is left is a fantastic mix of Fleetwood Mac's self-titled album swirling about me. This sounds really good right now.:smokin

Was in an Alan Parsons state of mind ta other nite .

Surround classics and with lots of surround.....aplenty :D

Alan Parsons - On Air. DTS CD from the lads at HDS .

I do prefer the two instrumental tracks over the vocal ones . A treat for your speakers .

20180126_191746.jpg

More Aurally enducing 5ch enjoyments from A.P. (and son , and guests -pink floydish ones )

Cool sounding animation DTS video (as an easter egg ) from his album 'Time Machine '. :smokin

Also........not very many dualdiscs sporting the preference of a valid encoded DTS .....only know of two .;)

Alan Parsons -A Valid Path

20180126_191817.jpg

Gave a listen to the Music for Strings, Percussion, and Celesta off this Pentatone combo. The mix is one of Thomas Mowrey's active surround mixes, although it's a bit tame compared to some other releases of the type. Pentatone transferred this at a really low level, you can to turn the volume up even higher than normal for it to sound right - but it will click into place if you do.

81FE7a3yr0L._SL500_.jpg

Was in a DTS CD kinda mood LAST nite....so played a few...variety of tracks from some of them .

Steve Reid's Bamboo Forest - Mysteries DTS CD .

....recommend the track ' Atlantis' tests your systems speaker quadrant rather well I notice . This album is instrumental fusion electro jazz fwiw .

20180102_164915.jpg

Bachman Turner Overdrive Not Fragile DTS CD 44.1k: I understand this is from the original quad mix but it is definitely a 5.1 disc with fronts spread across the center and a ton of low end sent to the subwoofer. I bumped the surrounds up just a bit and I'm enjoying it, don't mind the guitar in the surrounds. It's mastered kind of low so you have to crank it up.:)

Bachman Turner Overdrive Not Fragile DTS CD 44.1k: I understand this is from the original quad mix but it is definitely a 5.1 disc with fronts spread across the center and a ton of low end sent to the subwoofer. I bumped the surrounds up just a bit and I'm enjoying it, don't mind the guitar in the surrounds. It's mastered kind of low so you have to crank it up.:)

I've never heard the DTS version....but I keep threatening to buy it off Ebay.....It always runs about $40 or so....

Back