Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I shipped a spare Denon surround receiver to a friend that I've been yakking about surround for a long time but he never got off the starting block. Now he got so excited at the prospect of hearing MARILLION - Brave (and other titles) that we literally set him up today with a few minutes on the phone (many technical texts to prep this week). So in honor of this activity, I put it on just before dinner. This is pretty great and I now have some catching up to as I'd really stopped paying attention to them some years ago.

NOW: Jethro Tull - Heavy Horses DTS 5.1 (odd I never had this album back in the day) great so far...
Glad that receiver has gone to a new home and your friend gets to enjoy what we QQers love so much!

Glad that receiver has gone to a new home and your friend gets to enjoy what we QQers love so much!

He's taken a long time to come around to commiting to this but the fever has clearly taken hold now. Yes, family movie nights, sure. MARILLION - Brave on Blu-Ray 5.1 right now! (as he breaks through the shrink-wrap with his teeth....):dance

Where in the Big Ass Early Years Box Set can it be found? I have it.

It is not accessible from the user interface of your disc player; it had to be extracted from the discs on a PC. Perhaps someone will PM you the details.

EDIT: this was already answered in another thread.

Last edited:
Maybe a bit esoteric for some, but have just set up a new tonearm & cartridge that I’m just using for its first time and it’s late here. Skirlie Beat - The Easy Club (ambisonic UHJ , REL Records Ltd). Am very chilled now.

ZDf2rRW.jpg

Not many releases with 192k Hz 5.1 - but this is one of them. The Blu Ray is recorded 4 dBs lower than the dvd-a and have higher DR.

Excellent disc.

Listening to Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame Collection. in 5.1
May be not always the best sound ever but i would'nt like to miss this show:

While My Guitar Gently Weeps with Tom Petty, Jeff Lynne, Steve Winwood, Dhani Harison and Prince (fantastic guitar solo!)
and
I Saw Her Standing There with George harrison, Ringo Starr, Mick Jagger, Billy Joel, Bruce Springsteen, Jeff beck, Bob Dylan and Steven Van Zandt.
and
The Train Kept A-Rollin' with Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page, Ron Wood, Joe Perry, Flea And Metallica.
and and and.....

just to name a few.
:rocks:rocks:rocks:rocks:rocks:rocks

Fiona Joy Hawkins - Blue Dream (SACD)

I bought this a while back and finally listened to it properly. It’s on the playlist and gets a run all the time. Beautiful piano in a very modern style. Highly recommend this - and not just because she’s an Aussie.

Luther Vandross; Dance With My Father DVD-A 5.1 MLP 96k 24b: Thought I'd give this another chance, content didn't work well for me the last time I spun it. The surround and the sound quality are quite good no doubt. By the way, how do I send a PM with the new version of QQ?

Back