Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for reminding me to give the bonus tracks another spin or three. In a word, fantastic. Screen shot 2015-02-26 at 6.28.26 PM.png

Winelight - Grover Washington JR (SACD 5.1)

Wow....This is about as clean of a mix as I've ever heard....outstanding.
Compliments of Clint...thanks Bro.... Guess I'll have to buy this after all...lmao

Winelight - Grover Washington JR (SACD 5.1)

Wow....This is about as clean of a mix as I've ever heard....outstanding.
Compliments of Clint...thanks Bro.... Guess I'll have to buy this after all...lmao

I wish more people would give this title a chance...to me it's more than just "soft jazz"...and the Bill Withers song is impressive...

America - Homecoming (DVD-Audio)

First of all - the reason I LOVE DVD-Audio's is because they usually have still pictures and maybe some lyrics, etc. Which make staring at the TV a lot more pleasant. But...that's just my preference.

The surround mix is excellent. The audio quality is also very good. Very nice.....but I figured it would be.

Thanks CLINT...again.....hehehe.

America - Homecoming (DVD-Audio)

First of all - the reason I LOVE DVD-Audio's is because they usually have still pictures and maybe some lyrics, etc. Which make staring at the TV a lot more pleasant. But...that's just my preference.

The surround mix is excellent. The audio quality is also very good. Very nice.....but I figured it would be.

Thanks CLINT...again.....hehehe.

I just love America.....such a great band. Iconic IMO. I really don't think they get the credit they deserve...I really don't.

Best of Bread - SACD....

From...guess who?

Sounds good. A little thin on the bass...but I can fix that by turning up sub......the star here are the vocals...which is probably how it should be. Vocals are excellent and well placed. It does sound nice. And...of course...an excellent set of songs.

Best of Bread - SACD....

From...guess who?

Sounds good. A little thin on the bass...but I can fix that by turning up sub......the star here are the vocals...which is probably how it should be. Vocals are excellent and well placed. It does sound nice. And...of course...an excellent set of songs.

Holy Cow....I totally forgot about the song Mother Freedom on the Best of Bread....excellent rock tune. Sounds awesome....sounds WAY different than the vibe of the other songs....

Best of Bread - SACD....

From...guess who?

I kinda expected that in your "bass" world...you gotta make some adjustments to some of the discs...it's going to be a transition period for you...I'm not as bass oriented as I used to be...but it took some time for me to get there...but when you get a "clean" uncompressed disc..it's worth the minor concession to me...if you don't adjust you really restrict your audio collection..

Last edited:
Best of The Guess Who - SACD
Amazing set of tunes.....a real nice sounding mix. Love the tune Undun....always fascinated with the song. Sounds great in surround.

Back