Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost done with my JSP Records collection. This SACD 5.1, Michael Hill, Black Gold & Goddesses Bold, is what I call discrete. Vocals, instruments taking different turns at different speakers. Great fidelity and catchy blues/rock. I’m listening at 54db and comes out as a DSD signal on my McIntosh. Recorded in 2005. Vernon Reid guests on track 4 and Hubert Sumlin guests on track 8. I’m glad I have it.

Almost done with my JSP Records collection. This SACD 5.1, Michael Hill, Black Gold & Goddesses Bold, is what I call discrete. Vocals, instruments taking different turns at different speakers. Great fidelity and catchy blues/rock. I’m listening at 54db and comes out as a DSD signal on my McIntosh. Recorded in 2005. Vernon Reid guests on track 4 and Hubert Sumlin guests on track 8. I’m glad I have it.

Have you been to your local blues club lately?

LOVE that album, Markie. A real trip and as you said, great recording and use of surrounds! https://www.hraudio.net/showmusic.php?title=3047#tracks

Still available NEW @ AmazonUS from $6.95 + s/h! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00080CP14/?tag=hraudio-20

Just played my two latest purhhases:
The Who - Quadrophenia (Blu-Ray audio)
Santana/Coltrane - Illuminations (SACD)

Both are superb surround mixes. Funnily enough these two are the two albums I distinctly remember buying and listening to all summer in 1996...

184227_large.jpg

Yes, I saw Wee Willie Walker 2 weeks ago and Otis Taylor a month ago, probably more than that?
Otis Taylor. Haven't listened to him in a while. I have Definition of a Circle and a few others somewhere around here.
I bet he's a gas, seen live. Love his music but sort of lost touch over time as I was building my surround.

Back