Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yello - Live in Berlin - This has some great surround stuff going on with awesome fidelity and bass! :LB

191212_large.jpg

I sure wish some of the Yello studio albums would be re-mixed in 5.1
Claro Que Si is my favorite, that I grew up on. Really love the metronome/whistling/noir vibe of 'She's got a gun'

Now: John Fogerty - Premonition - Another 'Real' Live Surround Mix by Elliot Scheiner, if I'm not mistaken. :smokin

Last edited:
Chris Brown [Dualdisc/JIVE Records DD 5.1]

Don't be fooled by the Dolby Digital 5.1 codec. This is one exceptional sounding Dualdisc. The Surround mix by Tim Donovan at Battery Studios is brilliant. Comin' at ya from all sides. Very Highly Recommended.

The Music: Attitude with plenty of latitude due to one of the most 'present sounding' recordings I've heard in a long time. Some nice guest stars too, including Lill' Wayne, Bow Wow and Jermaine Dupri.

81HSbRcXB-L._SL1500_.jpg
Hi Ralph, ta for the heads up!!
Playing this as I type. This is one cool release. Not really my style but considering the high quality of the surround, its another one to add to peeps collection..imo (y):)

A little quad Manuel tonite !!

Highly recommend this guitarisimo in this amazing album. My favourite fr The Cosmic Courrier set of albums.
(this is a convert fr SQ to DVDA)
The SQ quad recording is top notch for this release , both vinyl and cd.

Manuel Gottsching - Inventions For Electric Guitar

Attachments

• 20190112_153823.jpg
    20190112_153823.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 69
Then I shall reach back to the 2nd half of thee 60's,

The Doors - Waiting For The Sun. DVDA (with more than ample bonus 5.1 tracks )

The Doors are in my top 5 favorite bands......back in the late 70's, my high school buddies thought I was nuts for playing Doors...over and over.....cruising around...back roads.....tipping some Michelobs......

The Doors are in my top 5 favorite bands......back in the late 70's, my high school buddies thought I was nuts for playing Doors...over and over.....cruising around...back roads.....tipping some Michelobs......

+1
In high school our fav bands were "The Doors" (duh), Emerson, Lake & Palmer, The Who, Led Zep., Zappa, The Guess Who... well crap I guess I could go on for a while... we'd drink a lot of Coors because it wasn't yet available in Calif. (My best friend's brother would make Coors runs out to Colorado and bring back a shit load of cases:p)

+1
In high school our fav bands were "The Doors" (duh), Emerson, Lake & Palmer, The Who, Led Zep., Zappa, The Guess Who... well crap I guess I could go on for a while... we'd drink a lot of Coors because it wasn't yet available in Calif. (My best friend's brother would make Coors runs out to Colorado and bring back a shit load of cases:p)
Same story here.....there were 2 brews we could not get....

Olympia and Coors.....and when someone would get out....bring back some damn BEER!

Massive Doors fan here too, Gene. I remember hearing '5 to 1' on the radio as a 12 year old in '68 and just flippin'. Was already into Jimi and Cream, but this was really different and incredible.

Back