Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The quality of the songs on the McCartney Years vol 1 were great! The vol 2 was a bit spotty to almost bad by the end, but the surround mix was awesome!

Listening to John Lennon - Legend now. Never noticed this before on Imagine (1st song), but the piano starts at 42 seconds in center channel mono, and then right at 55 seconds in when the vocals start, the piano stretches round to the back and the vocals take over the center channel.

Alright, now I got an even better buzz than before. Rush - Moving Pictures

I imagine that Steven Wilson has his own crew of detectives that find the lost tapes. I hope they have found some of the missing Rush tracks! Hemishperes would be incredible! Permanent Waves would be cool too. Hell, I love everything they've ever put out! :p

Spun a few of my very few Classical discs this weekend.

Glenn Gould -Bach Goldberg Variations SACD.......this disc offers more than just ambiance.

Attachments

• 20180613_141330.jpg
    20180613_141330.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 86
Ladysmith Black Mambazo: lembe: Honoring Shaka Zulu [Heads~Up mch SACD]
Spyro Gyra: Wrapped In A Dream [Heads~Up mch SACD]
Yellowjackets: Lifecycle [Heads~up mch SACD]
Elton John: Goodbye Yellow Brick Road [Island/Rocket MLP DVA~Audio.....IMO, the BEST version] Now, bring on the REST of the unreleased 5.1 Elton John discs

Last edited:
George Benson and Al Jarreau: Givin' It Up. [Monster Music/Concord Jazz DTS 5.1]. Expertly remixed into 5.1 by Seth Presant at G Studio Digital/mastered by Bernie Grundman

Really wish Noel Lee/Monster Music would start issuing more of these incredibly sounding discs. I know they're toying now with BD~A....which would certainly be an upgrade in SQ!

Last edited:
George Benson and Al Jarreau: Givin' It Up. [Monster Music/Concord Jazz DTS 5.1]. Expertly remixed into 5.1 by Seth Presant at G Studio Digital/mastered by Bernie Grundman

Really wish Noel Lee/Monster Music would start issuing more of these incredibly sounding discs. I know they're toying now with BD~A....which would certainly be an upgrade in SQ!
I got it, great disc....funnily enough, mine is not numbered!!!

Back