Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John Williams in Berlin: conducting the Berliner Philharmoniker [DGG/2 RBCDs/1 BD~V of the Concert/1 Pure Audio BD~A of the entire Concert in ATMOS/5.1/Stereo] A fantastic performance in stunning discrete BD~A ATMOS

https://www.discogs.com/release/22062400-John-Williams-4-Berliner-Philharmoniker-The-Berlin-Concert
I wonder if the non-deluxe digipak (still available from Amazon Germany) has the video blu-ray? I've just ordered it, so I'll find out. I was in the Berliner Philharmonie last year with my son, to hear the Hans Zimmer/John Williams film music concert. The Berliner Philharmonie is, without question, the best concert auditorium in the world.

IMG_3935.jpeg

IMG_3937.jpeg
IMG_3941.jpeg

Patricia Barber HIGHER [Impex Records/Multi~CH SACD 5.1/DXD Recording] Jazz Critic Thomas Conrad once described Ms Barber's voice as "a pure dark whisper straight up from the soul!" On HIGHER which I consider one of her most intimate recordings Conrad's assessment is very much in evidence. Backed by a small ensemble of Guitar, Bass, Drums and Tenor Sax, her gorgeous piano styling and vocals carress each song, mostly originals, with the exception of Early Autumn and an uptempo version of Fain/Webster's Secret Love! Jim Anderson, Barber's recording engineer of over 30 years, recorded, mixed and mastered HIGHER in DXD 352.8kHz/32 bit on the Horus/Pyramix recording system and has masterfully remixed it into stunning and discrete 5.1...which BTW, should be a template for all future small ensemble Jazz recordings. Simply EXQUISITE. This 2020 SACD from Chicago Jazz legend Patricia Barber comes VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Patricia Barber Higher Hybrid Multi-Channel & Stereo SACD

Last edited:
Patricia Barber HIGHER [Impex Records/Multi~CH SACD 5.1/DXD Recording] Jazz Critic Thomas Conrad once described Ms Barber's voice as "a pure dark whisper straight up from the soul!" On HIGHER which I consider one of her most intimate recordings Conrad's assessment is very much in evidence. Backed by a small ensemble of Guitar, Bass, Drums and Tenor Sax, her gorgeous piano styling and vocals carress each song, mostly originals, with the exception of Early Autumn and an uptempo version of Fain/Webster's Secret Love! Jim Anderson, Barber's recording engineer of over 30 years, recorded, mixed and mastered HIGHER in DXD 352.8kHz/32 bit on the Horus/Pyramix recording system and has masterfully remixed it into stunning and discrete 5.1...which BTW, should be a template for all future small ensemble Jazz recordings. Simply EXQUISITE. This 2020 SACD from Chicago Jazz legend Patricia Barber comes VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Patricia Barber Higher Hybrid Multi-Channel & Stereo SACD

Again, those HANDS! :hi :censored: :oops:

Joni Mitchell: 20 essential songs

🎵WE LOVE OUR LOVIN' ...... BUT NOT LIKE WE LOVE OUR FREEDOM🎶

COURT AND SPARK ... ONE OF THE TRUE WONDERS OF THE MODERN MUSICAL UNIVERSE

Rhino's Pure Audio BD~A is stunning on every level.

Part of the Joni Mitchell ARCHIVE series
I bought the set, trying my best to get into her music, and I must say these albums particularly the latter two are really helping me along. I bought “Blue” a while back and having trouble with that one, but “Court” and “Summer Lawns” are really good. Also enjoyed the “Live” album.

Joni Mitchell - 'The Hissing of Summer Lawns' album review

THE HISSING OF SUMMER LAWNS .....

I'm at the end of my quest to savor all 4 of Joni's 4 Rhino remastered/remixed BD~As and the journey has been exceptional.

I consider this box set to be among the best of RHINO's recent offerings. KUDOS to ALL involved!

And YES, foraging rhino .... MY MIND WAS BLOWN!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back