Loggins & Messina - Full Sail - Audio Fidelity 4.0 Multichannel SACD (July 2016)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GREAT NEWS!
I was needledropping this about a year ago and I really liked it (I'm sure they were enjoying some Maui Wowie whilst recording it)...it's added to my list...

ImportCD seems to always have the best deals on AF SACDs. I've bought most of mine there.

They seem to always be out of stock on some that I want, like right now Spectrum by Billy Cobham is on back order. It is also on back order at several other places.

Is Spectrum a real white hot seller for AF? Why is it out of stock at some of the vendors?

I might place the order with Spectrum and Full Sail included and just wait it out, cause that would be my 5 titles I want for this order from AF, and at great prices.
(edit)
Just placed a hundred dollar order over at ImportCD, all Audio Fidelity product, Full Sail pre, and Spectrum on back order, others are in stock. They will likely ship out available stuff soon, and hold off on the two for the time being.

Well, you know Full Sail isn't really going to come out on that date, which means the order for that title will most likely get canceled.

Well, you know Full Sail isn't really going to come out on that date, which means the order for that title will most likely get canceled.

I do think it will come out on time (for a change), and if not, it will get delayed by a week. Why would Importcd give up and cancel the order hand back the money, rather than state it's coming home on a minute? Of course they want the money and want it soon. Only if item is delayed by a month can I see the order canceled.

You are almost as cynical as I am, and I'm pretty bad.

ImportCD seems to always have the best deals on AF SACDs. I've bought most of mine there.

Just placed a hundred dollar order over at ImportCD, all Audio Fidelity product, Full Sail pre, and Spectrum on back order, others are in stock. They will likely ship out available stuff soon, and hold off on the two for the time being.

I just placed a hefty order [9 items] with ImportCD [including AF QUAD Full Sail] as well and this is the first time I actually covered ALL s/h fees [NO tax] and ended up with a further $3.55 discount off their already LOW prices.

Amazon just renewed my annual Prime membership Fee ($109 w/tax) and before I buy anything from other vendors I always check their prices and they are higher on every item I ordered from Import.......and sometimes NOT by just a little.

Where did you see it being billed as a 5.0 SACD? Because it's not. It's 4.0, just like all of the other Quadraphonic SACDs released by AF thus far.

Both acoustic sounds and music direct were stating 5.0.

I notice today, acoustic sounds has amended their content notes.Still says 5.0 on music direct.Now we can't fault them, as this slip cover does not have the prerequisite 4.0 on it.

Just ordered from Import CDs, with 10% off using TAKE10 code. With $6.99 shipping to the UK $25.73 not bad at all as UK sites are around £25.

Thanks Clint. BTW, do you recommend the AP SACDs of the Beach Boys' Surfs Up and Sunflower in QUAD? Are they discrete or stereo upmixes?

Also has anyone received shipping info on AF's QUAD SACD of L&M's Full Sail? Was due to come out TOMORROW [7/29].

No on Full Sail. I assume it is delayed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we all get too focused on these release dates...you probably saw what Shane mentioned...too many moving parts on these releases to be "exact"..

A delay in the release date doesn't really annoy me.
What annoys me is if Audio Fidelity knew they weren't going to be able to get the SACDs to the retailers in time for the July 29th date, that should have been communicated before now.

The Full Sail Multichannel SACD by Loggins and Messina has not been delayed according to Audio Fidelity:

"We have shipped Full Sail and Blood, Sweat & Tears Greatest Hits SACDs to our club members.
We just shipped copies of both SACDs to Acoustic Sounds, Music Direct and Elusive Disc this week, so we are on schedule."

We should be hearing about the two new SACDs soon from Audio Fidelity Club Members (1st to receive new releases) followed by listeners who order from Acoustic Sounds, Elusive Disc and Music Direct.
Stay tuned....

A delay in the release date doesn't really annoy me.
What annoys me is if Audio Fidelity knew they weren't going to be able to get the SACDs to the retailers in time for the July 29th date, that should have been communicated before now.

Someone over at the other forum stated that they got their's today. Yes today! They did not say where order was from, but that is good enough for me that they are on-time with at least that last delay.

If I had to guess, the person who already has the Full Sail Multichannel SACD is probably an Audio Fidelity Club Member.
The Club Members get the SACDs before the web stores do.

Back