Lou Dorren: A new CD-4 Demodulator!!! [ARCHIVE]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see no need to close the thread. It would be hard to imagine that Lou would put so much into this and then just abandon the effort unless something stood in the way of him completing the project. Such a thing could be poor health, financial difficulties, problems with the product, or death. Let's hope that's not the case. Still, it would be reassuring to hear from Mr Dorren, even if he has nothing to report, except what is the nature of the holdup. To hear nothing creates speculation of the most serious kind. Perhaps by the time the demodulator actually arrives, assuming it does, the country will have a new direction, we will be returning to prosperity and we all will be able to afford the new ear candy.

The Quadfather

Hehe, it was very subtle, though. And economics is a reality.

Oh, and in my last post, I didn't mean to imply that there are no legitimate concerns. It's just that, as Lou has done this in his spare time and hasn't asked for any money from anybody, well...

Doug

If the issue is financial, is there a way we could donate a little something towards the effort? $10 or $20 from each member would not be too far fetched, and maybe the donation could be applied towards the finished product when it becomes available. I know Lou said he'd never solicit money from any of us but if it would help the project along, I'd be Ok with it.

If the issue is financial, is there a way we could donate a little something towards the effort? $10 or $20 from each member would not be too far fetched, and maybe the donation could be applied towards the finished product when it becomes available. I know Lou said he'd never solicit money from any of us but if it would help the project along, I'd be Ok with it.

That is a bit of a slippery slope, especially since certain members have been VERY impatient from the beginning.
Having a few Euros in the mix could send them over the edge. If I was Lou, I would have no part of it.
I hate to say it, but to use a politically incorrect cliche ... I can hear the fat lady singing.

Last edited:
Well, whatever the issue - I just wish Lou could find the time to pop in and give us an update. We could band together as a Community and offer any support we can and find a solution....y'know?

Well, whatever the issue - I just wish Lou could find the time to pop in and give us an update. We could band together as a Community and offer any support we can and find a solution....y'know?

I hear ya, but more and more it looks like Lou has quietly abandoned the project.

I will wait patiently and eagerly until the new magic box is indeed available, and am super appreciative of the time and effort Lou has put into the project. Have faith all, and thanks for the update Jon.

Hello to all QQ CD-4 Quadraphiles

I know that all of you are wondering "Is the project still alive?". Well I can tell you it is because I am alive. With out going into specifics I have been out of service with a very serious medical condition which has limited my work time. The good news is that thanks to a great team of medical people I am back in the lab. During my illness one of my techs was working on corrections to the first prototype and was in constant contact with me at my home and in the hospital. Doing this we were able to get all of the corrections made and the final REV 4 circuit board done.

I am shooting for delivery to Jon Urban by December if every thing goes well. By the way I want to thank Jon for keeping my medical condition private until I could inform all of you.

Any way folks I'm Back! I will be posting the latest REV 4 version of the system schematic shortly.

Lou Dorren

Dear Lou:
I am glad to hear that you are doing better and the project is back on track. But you should have let Jon say something. When we didn't hear from you for so long, we thought you had abandoned us, or worse. Well, it was worse. I guess you have read all the posts, and I have to admit, I was among the first to doubt that the project would be completed. I am not one to count my chickens before they hatch. Anyway, Glad to see you back and back at it. Stay well, friend!

The Quadfather

Lou,

I'm so glad you're feeling better. I understand your rationale and desire for privacy. Welcome back, and I look forward to hearing what Jon has to say when he gets the prototype.

Back