Lynyrd Skynyrd DVD-A: Re OUT OF USA Members

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
It seems that this new DVD-A cannot be purchased anywhere outside of the US. I thought it could be purchased in a Canadian WalMart, but I guess that's not the case.

Can we come up with some sort of "Help a buddy out" deal, where US Members can align with a non-US Member who can get an extra copy, and they arrange for a connection of sorts for cost and postage? I would do it myself, but there are not that many discs around here, and the post office trips would be brutal.

If members could connect here in this thread, I think it would be a nice gesture for our world wide membership. I've offered a freebie in the Door Prize thread, but there will be a lot of disappointed folks as I only have the 1 spare copy.

If those outside of the US could post in this thread as an "askee", and then a US member would make the connection to that one member and get him a disc (for cost and shipping), I think we might be able to get everyone a disc.

You do not have to participate in this, but I think it would be nice if many members did.

Let's see what kind of spirit we have here at QQ. If I find more, I'll join in again as well.

I'll second Jon's suggestion, and only add that, to expedite everything, if someone has a copy to sell and has someone specific in mind they know wants one, PM them directly and work it out. If you want one and don't know who to ask, posting here is the ideal place, of course (and if you do snag one, be sure to let us know). I'd also suggest using PayPal for mutual protection, though of course how payment is worked out is a private matter.

ED :)

I'll start checking my local Walmart stores and see if I can score any copies. Can't promise anything, but will try. I suspect they're slowly coming down the pipeline, so stay frosty folks. One thing that would help in the process, we'll use PayPal and try to simplify the process, make it easy. Any ideas would of course be welcome.

Perhaps this might help, Custom Forms: http://webapps.usps.com/customsforms/

Have not used the above link, hopefully one can just use this and print it out. Otherwise, one has to hand print a form, have item weighed and hopefully the amount of postage already collected from buyer matches up.

As mentioned, let's think of new ways to simplify the process, so other members who want the real thing, can get one.

I hit (4) Walmarts yesterday and came up empty :>(

I'll start checking my local Walmart stores and see if I can score any copies. Can't promise anything, but will try. I suspect they're slowly coming down the pipeline, so stay frosty folks. One thing that would help in the process, we'll use PayPal and try to simplify the process, make it easy. Any ideas would of course be welcome.

Perhaps this might help, Custom Forms: http://webapps.usps.com/customsforms/

Have not used the above link, hopefully one can just use this and print it out. Otherwise, one has to hand print a form, have item weighed and hopefully the amount of postage already collected from buyer matches up.

As mentioned, let's think of new ways to simplify the process, so other members who want the real thing, can get one.

I finally found a few copies at the fourth walmart I checked today. Purchased two. Left one for Dopplebock if he's interested. If my on-line order comes through, I'll have two extras for sale.

I can pick the two extra copies, thanks.

I just ordered one copy through Walmarts website, so IF they hold up their end of the deal, I should have a copy available in a week or two.

I'd be interested too if anyone grabs a spare copy .

Thanks

~M~

Thanks for the tip Phil. I just bought one using "BuyItNow". When I went to pay, I found out that I had some cash in my PayPal account that I didn't know was there. Bonus!

Damn Paypal crashed my Mac and I missed out on those apparently !

Grrrr!

~M~

I have an extra copy coming as part of an online order that is supposed to be here early next week. I found 2 other copies at a local walmart a couple of days ago. I'd prefer this goes to someone that appreciates surround music, as opposed to most of the goobers around here that will find it at a walmart and won't know what a DVD-A is. I'm just looking to recover my costs, so $12 plus shipping. I've sent one copy to a friend overseas where the first class postage was $8.50. If I find any more around here, I'll let you all know.

By the way, long-time lurker, but I think this is my first post here.

Back