Lynyrd Skynyrd Hits Package with Elliott Scheiner 5.1 Mix on DVDA!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks so much for the info. This will definitely get me into a WalMart. Love this band. Can't wait to hear Curtis Loew.

I am pleasantly shocked! Will make a stop tomorrow amd probably nab 2 copies as the guitar tech (friends with Ed King) will want it too.

Ordered. I know if I don't get this I'll regret it, even though I'm not a huge fan. Hey Remember Sketches of Spain? Its now going for $76 on ebay.... Now theres the Supertramp to get, and the Larks Tongue, and the ELP DVDAs.......hopefully it never stops!

So can we get some reviews, like, tomorrow? Not a huge Skynyrd OR Walmart fan, but I'd be interested if the mix is up to par.

So can we get some reviews, like, tomorrow? Not a huge Skynyrd OR Walmart fan, but I'd be interested if the mix is up to par.

not a fan of neither but with Elliot Scheiner involvement in mix, HiRez surround and the price way below $20
it's definitely worth even blindly to buy as is :)

I'll get a copy of this via my brother in Chicago!!!...:)

Is it really a DVD-A, or is it just a DVD-V with Dolby 5.1 and Stereo 96/24???

I suppose we'll find out tomorrow....

Heard about this one a while back - it's authored by a friend of ours, who was saying the plan at the time was to do a BD of this that really pushed the boundaries.
Seems that idea might have been quietly dropped - I will ask him if it is still happening.
But yes, it is a real DVDA

Don't know for you USA people, if it included Sweet home Allabamma it would had been a good seller in europe too. It's a song that pops out every now and then *everywhere* and had a stronger resurgence after the Kid Rock sampling.

I get the feeling, based on the info here, and comparing the CD with the DVD-A that there might be more surround mixes in the can then? Perhaps those might get the BR treatment?

Got my order in, really looking forward to this. The original band was fantastic to see live. They were a fun down home party band, with great songs.

Can't find it in European stores, even on the internet ... Does someone know a way to get this title outside of the U.S. please ?

Does someone know a way to get this title outside of the U.S. please ?

+1 here... eBay shows two completed auctions (for $20+) and that's it...

Anyway, this is great news and thanks for the heads up and DVD-A format confirmation!

Neil's message convinced me to buy now and worry about whether it's good later. For $11.88, really, you can't go wrong. Can't say it's been years now since I gave Walmart my money. Oh well.

Picked it up this morning, but won't have a chance to put it in my player until this evening. Definitely 96/24 DVD-Audio, per the disc and packaging. There's a possibility that "Free Bird" may be stereo only... but it's not clear.

Very close to Geogria :)

One day I found out it was closer than I thought...:D Went out driving on a state highway with my new bride when, lo and behold, a sign said 'Welcome to Alabama." Well, we'd never been there (I was just getting to know metro Atlanta a little), so we looked at a few towns then turned around. Found one old musty antique shop with some stuff, but all trashed and dirty. Oh well, that's the way it goes.

ED :)

Whoa, what amazing news! And it puts me into such a dilemma... On the one hand, it's DVD-A, it's Skynyrd, it's frickin Scheiner! On the other hand, "Sweet Home Alabama" is missing from the DVD-A. I really don't know what to do now...

Guess I'll wait for the first reviews here.

Walmart can't spell Skynrd; (Shynyrd) lol
They list it as 2 discs; 14 songs each; one Cd, & one DVD; no mention of DVD/A
Someone please confirm

Walmart can't spell Skynrd; (Shynyrd) lol
They list it as 2 discs; 14 songs each; one Cd, & one DVD; no mention of DVD/A
Someone please confirm

It's in my hands... "Southern Surroundings: The Ultymate Skynyrd Collection." Three discs, CD, DVD, DVDA.

Back