Lynyrd Skynyrd Hits Package with Elliott Scheiner 5.1 Mix on DVDA!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi, i order it from ebay, there was a guy selling some (til yesterday) for 22 dls (a rip since the original price is 12 dls), unfortunately in Mexico is not gonna be available........so, i´m happy.......wish every artist release a greatest hits package with a surround disc.....

Well, the WalMart in Manchester, CT does not have any. I asked the counter girl, she looked it up and said something to the effect of "If it comes out today, we'll have it NEXT Tuesday."

Isn't that special?

If Dr. Simple got one, I'll try another WalMart or two in the area. If I get one, scans and stuff will be posted tonight.

have been today to local WalMart. saw PF boxset for $109, Rush "MP" set for $16+ but no "Southern Surroundings" set.
even talked to lady who happens to be representative of supplier. she checked her list and then made call to the office
but nothing for Canada. so, seems it's only US chain of WalMart who's got it.

Much like Jon's experience, my local WM had nothing. The girl refused to even look it up and said "If we had it, it would be in the New Releases." I hate WM.

Much like Jon's experience, my local WM had nothing. The girl refused to even look it up and said "If we had it, it would be in the New Releases." I hate WM.

Sounds just like my experience today. There's two more walmarts within a reasonable driving distance, I'm going to keep shopping around, but from the sound of things I'm not going to get my hopes up.

I had a friend who likes surround and was off today go pick one up for me. He bought the only other one in the store for himself. I would have almost bet money that I would never buy anything hi-rez at Walmart. Going to go put it in the player.

Great news and thanks so much for the heads up :) Not a huge fan, but these are classics that will be relived in 5.1!

I just got a shipping notice from Walmart that my set is on the way! I could even have it tomorrow, but for sure by the end of the week. That is the way to go if you've already tried a couple of the stores. Freebird in 5.1, I know its been on the radio too much but I'm looking forward to this.

I'll get a copy of this via my brother in Chicago!!!...:)

Is it really a DVD-A, or is it just a DVD-V with Dolby 5.1 and Stereo 96/24???

I suppose we'll find out tomorrow....

Ordered 2 copies - one for me and one for my brother in Chicago....

Just a FYI for the international people - I had to fudge the credit card address details as it only took American addresses.. looks like it accepted it (here's hoping)

I called around and was able to track a copy down in a store that's only about 30 minutes from me. I'm having them hold a copy for me until I can make it down later tonight. Thanks dr. simple and everybody else for all the info on this release! Really looking forward to hearing this!

If this had been a thread started on April 1, it would have been a perfect april fools joke.

It's no longer qualifies as a rumor. It's real, and I have one in my hot little hands! I can't wait to hear it, but alas I will. Friday night I will listen. The low price is real too.

The Quadfather

YES. I will put up a poll. I'll add the scans whenever I can find one.

Went to another WalMart and no luck. Tomorrow I'll try a couple of more. I'm 0-2. :)

Just popped this in... I've only got a few minutes to listen, but the first track, "Saturday Night Special", starts with one rhythm guitar in the right rear, adds another rhythm guitar in the left rear, then the lead comes in the center... This is a real joy.

If anyone spots this in a Sams Club, please post that info here.

Back