Lynyrd Skynyrd Hits Package with Elliott Scheiner 5.1 Mix on DVDA!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Walmart could care less about their music product. It represents a microscopic and insignificant product category in their stores. They are barely involved in the product selection - that role is handled by rackjobber Anderson Merchandising - who is responsible for music product selection, delivery and merchandising. Certainly not an ideal situation for music lovers but this is hardly news.

that's make sense. as i mentioned in another related thread yesterday, when i talk to some lady at the local WalMart,
she couple times emphasised that she doesn't work at WalMart, albeit i never asked her where she work.
on the other hand, this release marked as "exclusive" WalMart product, which probably somehow has been initiated
from WalMart office and not yet showed up on the list of other merchants. all this quite strange. could be WalMart
makes testing of potential market?

True enough, but someone must have given it some thought. Getting Elliot Scheiner involved to do some discrete surround production seems to be somewhat strategic, and DVD-Audio versus DD had to involve at least a bit of thinking.

Yes, a DVD-Audio with a Scheiner mix! For folks like us, that's as close to a sure thing as it gets.

All of the above points to this special edition going out of print pretty soon, if not even all the wallmarts are stocking it. Better get it while you can.....

All of the above points to this special edition going out of print pretty soon, if not even all the wallmarts are stocking it. Better get it while you can.....

if i'm right and absence of the release chainwide meant short print with testing purpose, then all depend on sales figures.
if it's sells well, then most likely will be second batch for more wider distribution. though i don't know what price tag would be.
look this way, release was prepared few years back and was laid to rust somewhere on shelves. WalMart isn't specialize on the
music but somehow laid their eye on this release and agreed to distribute some (undisclosed) amount of it thus signed up financial
obligation. why would they do so, if music isn't their main product?

Went to 2 additional WalMarts today, and another Sams. Nothing.

So, 4 WalMarts, 2 Sams, No DVD-A. :(

I guess the distributor that covers central Connecticut is a little behind. That's why the girl in the first WalMart I tried yesterday told me that anything that is scheduled for a given Tuesday, they get on the following Tuesday.

What a business plan! :)

Thankfully, Bob Romano got a copy and added real scans of the release in the HiRez poll thread for this title. THANKS BOB!

The scan on the poll thread shows a 2012 date for this package. Anyone that has this, is there any information inside when the surround was mixed? Just curious if this is an old vs recently commissioned surround mix.

So the real question is .....
So what does the DVD-A sound like????

Sounds like the real deal, completely discrete, violin in rears on "All I Can Do.....", guitar lead wrapped to the rears on Give Me 3 Steps. I would never have suspected Al Kooper had played organ on several of these songs, you could never have heard it in a stereo mix like Simple Man, but you can hear it on the 5.1....not being a huge fan of them, I never knew he had any connection.
If you can't get it in NZ, let me know as my local Shrewsbury, PA Walfart has several of them, I can ship you a copy. John

Thanks for the offer...

I've already ordered 2 copies online with shipping to my brother in Chicago... Buy one for him and he can post me mine. (y)

The mixes are amazing. Any fan of Skynyrd and surround should get this. Elliot S. might win another Grammy for this.

Went to SprawlMart in the town I work, no luck, they didn't seem to have a way to "check in back to see if it came in". I'll try ones closer to home Friday. I don't want to miss it if it is limited release!

Sort of like 2003 all over again with this title, with the exception that now it's easy to play the HI-Rez now, even on a computer, since we all have the gear now. It's also fairly easy to pick up a DVD-A player cheap on eBay.

This is the way to do it. Bring these on and we'll buy them! The price is right too.

One other note: Make sure stores still sell them! If people still buy milk, they with buy physical music product if it's in front of them!

If in the store should an item not sell, put it for sale online and that will sell. The other issue is making these available to buy worldwide. If it can be done for Movies, it should be easily done for Music. Work out the rights or details Record Company/Band.

thanx to Kevin,seems like i will get 2 sets (one for myself and second for my converted into surroundophile relative :) ) .
just got email confirmation from one QQ member, who found this in his local WalMart.
wonderful news :banana:

Arghhh!!!

They cancelled my order...cause the address was not US....

I'll get my brother to pay for it...

Back