Lynyrd Skynyrd Hits Package with Elliott Scheiner 5.1 Mix on DVDA!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi folks, newbie here. Great forum! I've been lurking for many months, waiting until I had something worthwhile to add. I'm really grateful for learning about this release. I stopped by my local Bloomington, IN (small college town) store on the way home tonight and they had nine copies, so this may not be too hard to find.

As of 10 minutes ago Wal Mart online shows out of stock. It's supposed to be in stores on the 16th. according to the message I received.
Phil

that's indeed pretty good news. if others bigbox stores being fried in the past and have no brain and guts to try HiRez surround
again, maybe WalMart will replace those morons. funny to picture right now something like such kind of slogan

"hey audiophiles, are you tired of the search for audio nirvana and overwhelmed by the shitty sound?
don't look anymore, the WalMart is your audio paradise!"

;)

At my closest Walmart, there were no copies to be found in the L section. I almost gave up and left. But I found some on an end cap with the new releases. There were only a few. So look around in the store. I picked up a copy of the Muddy waters and the Rolling stones live at the Checkerboard while I was there. Only ten bucks for that.:)

The reason there are two threads is because the first thread started in the rumor mill section. It is now fact, not rumor, so the thread moves to here. Lynyrd Skynyrd surround is real.
The Quadfather

We've got 'em here in Georgia. Maybe it's because Wally World thought it would sell better in the South. Eat your heart out, Connecticut! Maybe next week.

The Quadfather

Well I've checked 3 Walmarts in the bay area. Nada. And now I come to find out its already sold out online. Crap. I am not a happy camper at this point.

Question is, will we get more stock. Are there more still in the pipeline, or should we snag a few extra copies for our fellow QQ members who were not able to get this title while we can?

Stunning marketing only available in selected Wallmart stores in the US and not available outside the US unless you want to be scalped and the music industry continues to wonder why its in such a poor state.

Do wallmart sales count in chart terms ?

Checked two WalMarts in person and went trying to search it by the UPC code in any stores within the state. Nada, zip, zilch. So I just shelled out $25 for a copy on Amazon. :mad: Would rather save myself the hassle if this thing has truly disappeared.

Not only is it sold out online, it doesn't say temporarily out of stock or let you search for stores that have it. You can't preorder it. Kind of ominous. This is market testing?
Once again, I've made a mistake by not ordering an extra back up copy. Who would think this would be necessary on the first day of sale?

Not only is it sold out online, it doesn't say temporarily out of stock or let you search for stores that have it. You can't preorder it. Kind of ominous. This is market testing?
Once again, I've made a mistake by not ordering an extra back up copy. Who would think this would be necessary on the first day of sale?

there are in US about 4000 combined WalMart stores. given that not all had got release, it's shows that print was really very short,
could be less than 5000 sets.
if this was test, (WalMart never before cared any exclusive order for DVDA) then most likely would be second batch, as this print
was sold out just in one day which from commercial poin of view is a great succes.
if not... oh well, this print will have chance to fall into category "Moment Of Glory" SACD by Scorpions

i'm pretty sure those sets on eBay were from same batch and perhaps was posted for sale even before the sellers got them into their
hands from store or on-line orders. some folks just sick to make even few bucks for doing nothing (n)

This is NUTS. This title was released TWO DAYS AGO to no promotion at all, and now it's SOLD OUT ON LINE???

Are they kidding us? Something is amiss. The labels are having trouble getting people to buy discs, and this limited distribution release is sold out in two days?

The buyers can't all be QQ members, can they? :)

Stunning marketing only available in selected Wallmart stores in the US and not available outside the US unless you want to be scalped and the music industry continues to wonder why its in such a poor state.

Do wallmart sales count in chart terms ?

To the latter: Any major retailer that scans bar codes is most certainly hooked up to SoundScan.

As for finding a copy, I keep forgetting to look, and I have several Walmart's within a fifty-mile radius to check out, so I've really got to get out there and take the time.

How many copies were made is anybody's guess, but I'm not surprised by an online sellout if it was in low numbers. I'm sure Skynyrd diehards have bought this just as 5.1 enthusiasts would, since it has more than 5.1 to offer. And as this is a big band in the south, I'd better start looking ASAP!

ED :)

Just went shopping for this in Denver. Two stores show one on hand. Neither store can actually locate the disc. I was in a third and they had not heard of it. As you know the on-line shop is sold out. Hopefully they reprint!

Ken

Back