Lynyrd Skynyrd Hits Package with Elliott Scheiner 5.1 Mix on DVDA!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered Tuesday morning and received a ship notice with tracking number today. It took something like this to get me to purchase anything from Walmart. I stopped by the local Walmart this morning and found (2) copies on the shelf and purchased both. I will offer them for sale Monday the 13th to anyone that was unable to find it in a store or secure online.

Anyone received theirs via an online order yet?

I know at least 3 copies that have been purchased in Omaha. A friend just stopped at a different Walmart and bought his and said the store had 8 copies. Called me from his car listening on the way home.

this is wonderful news! A great new Elliot Scheiner mix of classic rock on DVDA!

..but its such a frustrating release for surround music lovers outside the USA... there's seemingly no way to get it over here -- at all..!! :(

this is wonderful news! A great new Elliot Scheiner mix of classic rock on DVDA!

..but its such a frustrating release for surround music lovers outside the USA... there's seemingly no way to get it over here -- at all..!! :(

Keep an eye on flea-bay if you haven't arranged a copy already...

Still waiting for mine. Tracking shows the local post office got the info uploaded. So it could come today but more likely on Monday. At least it left Texas and is in my state!

Between this and Sketches of Spain we've had an exciting August!

Walmart can't spell Skynrd; (Shynyrd) lol
They list it as 2 discs; 14 songs each; one Cd, & one DVD; no mention of DVD/A
Someone please confirm
Yeah.

if you open up disc 2 (the dvd) on the computer, the title of the disc is "LYNARD_SKYNARD" haha

The cd sounds amazing. Re-mastered by Doug Schwartz and the dvd video is the best iv'e seen it. Great job umd

if this is a test market disc, surely its passed the test!?

interest is so high, Universal MUST take notice and go on to give it a full release beyond the Walmart exclusive.

it's the proverbial 5.1 hot cake! :eek:

A couple years ago, there was an Eagles album that was a Wal-Mart exclusive, which later EVERYONE had. Ditto, for Neil Diamond Hot August Night NYC DVD. This title was later pressed on CD & Blu-Ray, and available everywhere in all three formats. I'm not promising that Skynrd will have the same fate, but it seems likely.

if this is a test market disc, surely its passed the test!?

interest is so high, Universal MUST take notice and go on to give it a full release beyond the Walmart exclusive.

it's the proverbial 5.1 hot cake! :eek:

Yes, for sure.

Well, hopefully whoever is in charge there still has our back. Despite our grumblings about no surround, because there is not enough surround to buy, I'm sure it will be duly noted how happy and popular this title is with the surround community and that we did our part to buy this. Folks want "the real thing" in their hand to hold. Hard Drives crash. This is a winner title, and we sold it out, or soon will..

I checked the tracking numbers sent in e-mail, nothing showed up, but the disc made it today in less than a week. I'm not a big fan of Walmart and do not ever shop there, but if they keep putting out titles like this I might be convinced otherwise. The disc arrived in perfect shape in a cardboard mailer inside a bubble wrap mailer. All for a great price, no hassle, no driving.

Will comment specifically on the mix later in the proper section. I did pop the disc in and gave each track the quick, few seconds once over. Greatness as one would expect. The packaging is simple cardboard with nice photos of the band and I was surprised that 3 discs could fit in the space of one. I normally don't care how these things are packaged, just so that the discs don't arrive scratched. But this is the way to go all the way. Folks just wanting a CD will buy thinking that's all they're getting only to find happily, wait there's more! 2 "bonus" DVDs. Should be simple, easy and inexpensive to produce, looks nice and the consumer wins by a great price of only $11.98. Should be Win-Win here, Right?

We hope that we get more titles like this. Would be killer if Elliott Scheiner just went ahead and did the whole catalog of Lynyrd Skynyrd or any artist.

Back