Lynyrd Skynyrd Hits Package with Elliott Scheiner 5.1 Mix on DVDA!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a FYI for anyone in the East Bay area looking to get one of these, I went back to the Dublin/Pleasanton Walmart this afternoon and they had two - well now only one. :) This is one of the Walmarts I went to last week that didn't have them at the time, so it is worth checking again in stores that didn't have any before.

BTW it is really nice to go into a bricks & motor store and be able to purchase a mainstream/classic rock DVD-Audio release. It feels so 2002!

NOTE: If this is real, we should work something out for our outoftheusa members if they can't get it directly.

If it can't be ordered from Europe or Australia, we figure out a way to get it to those interested. Somehow. Let's see if it's real first.

GOOD JOB Dr Simple for finding this!!

yes please! I can't get this sucker anywhere! :(

The one I thought I had on Amazon got cancelled! Anybody who has an extra copy for sale PM me!!

Rick

I bought the one on Amazon! :banana::yikes

ooops, just saw the post above me, sorry! I didn't know!

Mine arrived via the online order yesterday. I'll troll the local Wal-Marts as well over the next week and see if I can find any for our overseas friends.

Nevermind....I must have bought the last copy because I went back into their site and it said they were sold-out on-line. Hopefully I get my copy that they did sell me. :mad:

There is a large Walmart in Palm Springs, calif. You could make a weekend of it, come out for the sun and swimming pools, visit Wallmart and stock up on guns, ammo, and Skynyrd.

There is a large Walmart in Palm Springs, calif. You could make a weekend of it, come out for the sun and swimming pools, visit Wallmart and stock up on guns, ammo, and Skynyrd.
LOL What an American feeling! (A sigh from central Europe.)

I spent a summer in Palm Springs when I was 14. Never saw so much plastic surgery and complete boredom in my life.

It's amazing that these keep selling out on line.

I wonder if anyone will take notice of this (other than us!) :)

I went to the Bellingham Wa Wallmart yesterday as that is the closest one for me(cross border trip to the USA) and no luck all they had was some other Lynyrd Skynyrd hits package.
Knew it was a long shot as its not a very big Walmart but gave it a shot to see if I could find one.

peter

I tried 2 different Walmarts today in NW CT - no luck either. The music departments (department being an overstatement), are in very sad shape - I need a drink (and a shower) after my visits :(

After ordering one for $25 on Amazon, I got a cancellation from the seller.:mad:

My daughter is starting grad school in Mississippi next week, so we're driving her down there. I am of course taking the opportunity to check any WalMart near any of our interstate pit stops.

After striking out twice in NC and once in SC, SUCCESS :banana: in Commerce, GA! I found three and bought them all (my sincerest apologies to any surround sound fans in the vicinity of Commerce, GA). I will make sure that the other two get into the hands of some surroud-o-philes if these continue to be so hard to find.

Folks that are not finding music at stores sounds symptomatic of a very bad trend. Fry’s Electronics Concord Ca., store amazingly still has a small DVD-A/SACD section, but slowly, but surely has replaced music CDs with Toys! Of all things…

But toys are a physical product that folks want to own, and so is music as we have proven with this title. Downloads alone will never be "the only answer" as the downloads have to go somewhere. And all good hard drives eventually crash.

Unless the music experience is properly set-up, I’m not sure buying music at a place that sells milk and eggs is the same as buying at a music store where one can take the time to look around and wonder. Although grocery stores like Safeway have a small DVD/BR section that seems to do well. I’m surprised there are not at least a few of the most popular CD music titles there for folks to buy. Put this title there simple and easy and we're good.

Some stores--like Whole Foods--do carry CD's at their checkout counters, but they're overpriced and meant to be impulse purchases (like anything else you find at a checkout--usually something you probably don't need).

As for finding the Skynyrd title, do look on Amazon and eBay to see if there are any reasonable prices around (and anyway, such avenues may be the only way someone from overseas will ever snag one, barring some real good luck). And if you're in an area that has many Walmarts you just might want to put aside a sunny Saturday or Sunday to tool around and so some serious looking--and mileage. Yeah, I know, with gas prices not cheap, but for myself, wish I had more time and better health with which to do what I so enjoyed for so many years. There's also a lot more to look for than Walmart or Skynyrd (me, it was finding a really good pizza parlor for lunch or dinner) or a thrift shop, or whatever.

Sooner or later everyone who wants a copy will have one--IF they take the time. It ain't always easy, you gotta be willing to do what needs to be done.

ED :)

Back