Mancini in Surround

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quadro-Action

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
Actual I like to tell you, that a german record distribution (in-akustik) has announced a SA-CD with new recordings of 17 wellknown songs of Mancini (The Ultimate Mancini) for 20. August. Beneth the orchester of 70 musicians will play additional some gust stars like Take 6, Stevie Wonder. Mancini's daughter Monica sings few titles and may stimulate this recording. Like a paper report, this SA-CD should be only in stereo. But in-akustik has confirmed me now, that this record is mixed in multi-channel. Let's wait, how it sounds. Dietrich

Quadro-Action said:
Actual I like to tell you, that a german record distribution (in-akustik) has announced a SA-CD with new recordings of 17 wellknown songs of Mancini (The Ultimate Mancini) for 20. August. Beneth the orchester of 70 musicians will play additional some gust stars like Take 6, Stevie Wonder. Mancini's daughter Monica sings few titles and may stimulate this recording. Like a paper report, this SA-CD should be only in stereo. But in-akustik has confirmed me now, that this record is mixed in multi-channel. Let's wait, how it sounds. Dietrich

Correct. The album from Concord Jazz has already been released as a Stereo CD in the U.S. and was scheduled for release as a Surround Sound SACD on August 24th in the U.S. last I heard.

See http://www.highfidelityreview.com/news/news.asp?newsnumber=12688444 for details.

Unfortunately I have got yesterday a message from the german distributor, that the release of the Mancini SA-CD will be later - now at 20, august. May be, that this will be in the USA similar. But we surround-freaks are get used to have delays, but are of course not satisfied. On the other hand - now we have a month more hope, that this recording sounds really well. The later listening-test will show "how". Dietrich

Quadro-Action said:
Unfortunately I have got yesterday a message from the german distributor, that the release of the Mancini SA-CD will be later - now at 20, august. May be, that this will be in the USA similar. But we surround-freaks are get used to have delays, but are of course not satisfied. On the other hand - now we have a month more hope, that this recording sounds really well. The later listening-test will show "how". Dietrich

The U.S. release date for Ultimate Mancini in SACD Surround remains at August 24th.

Quadro-Action said:

The "Ultimate Mancini" Surround Sound SACD came out this week in the US - and it actually features 18 Mancini songs. They added one for the SACD edition that is not on the Stereo CD release, along with an "extended version" of The Pink Panther.

All new performances and recordings. Nice to have some Mancini in Surround once again. See http://www.highfidelityreview.com/news/news.asp?newsnumber=19684510 for more.

I actually found this in the Best Buy Wednesday. It stood out, as it was packaged in a DVD-A sized jewel box!!!

JonUrban said:
I actually found this in the Best Buy Wednesday. It stood out, as it was packaged in a DVD-A sized jewel box!!!

Yes, I mentioned the deluxe jewel box in my story on HFR. That's a first as far as I know for an SACD release.

Hi, I am interested in getting a copy of this SACD, but before i do, i was wondering how good the surround mix was?? Any one bought it yet, and have an opinion? I listened to the samples on the internet [in stereo of course] and they sounded quite nice. Thanks

Back