Marantz 4415 speaker suggestions?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pgw749

Hello. I just picked up a Marantz 4415 and would like to know what a good speaker choice would be. I know its not that powerfull (15w per channel), so would think I would need smaller, 4 matching speakers. Would be looking for vintage speakers.I did see some Sansui S-40's locally. Any suggestions?
Thanks, Paul.

First, welcome to the wonderful world of quadraphonic sound. In this forum you will find expertise on almost any portion of the total quadraphonic spectrum. If you have any questions, just ask and usually you will get a lot of answers.

I know some Forum members don't like Bose speakers, but I have one of my quad set-ups equipped with Bose 201's and they sound very good to me. You should check EBay, craigs list, etc for bargains. Be aware that sometimes the speakers offered for sale will have the flex foam ring damaged or sometimes completely missing, but this in and of itself is not a hard reason to not buy such speakers since the repair is simple and if the cost is good, then go for it.

Good luck with your new Marantz.

MTGC

Thanks. Just picked up 4 matching Realistic MC1000 speakers. Nothing special, but they sound ok. A good place to start....

Back