Marillion 18 , new album in surround on blu ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But as far as I know the DVD does not contain any 5.1 mix, just a documentary.
I emailed Racket Records this morning begging please even for a Flac surround download option. I'll post their reply, if any.
By the way,the new record is called FEAR (fuck everyone and run). And I'm not joking...

Ohh.. thanks for reaching out to them..its unfortunate when the big labels fleece us for the surround goodies but its even more regrettable when crowdfunding/smaller labels do it to us.

Got an answer today! They have decided to include the 5.1 in the special edition in DTS/48 khz.
Not a bad trade-off for me

Wasn't impressed enough with the other two 5.1 Blu-ray's they did so I won't be getting this, especially not as part of a big pricey set with an LP I'll probably never play, a book I'll never read and plectrums and chord booklet I can't use!! Have these people learned nothing!? Have they ever visited this board? People who are into their surround music HATE these boxes filled with extraneous SHIT just to get one surround disc..!!!!!! :mad:

I feel the same... :mad:

The band's manager responded to a post about 5.1

Quote from: TylerDurden on April 11, 2016, 01:43:10 pm

That`s my opinion too. I would rather do without 5.1 if one makes no effort to obtain as something that has not been produced properly...or isn´t even able to listen to of what he produced before the result is handed over to the customer.

Just an addition: the mixes for Radiation2013 and STCBM weren`t that bad considered the pure sound. It was the noise differences btw. Gaza and the rest of the album and the gap betwen Costa and Under the sun.

Reply:
There IS someone involves who cares. Just trust us please!

Maybe the band has come around?

The band released past Friday the first song from the album for those who pledged (what I did in the end for the DVD-V affordable version). Song is a 16 minutes epic called The New Kings and it's much better than anything on their last couple of records. Hope they will improve also the surround mix this time.
If someone wants to listen to a snippet, just PM me

Back