MDG: Brahms & Mozart

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ct

The German label MDG is finally available in the U.S., through DVDEmpire and sendmemovies.com, at least. I have listened to two of their recordings, Bramhs String Sextet and String Quartet, with the Zeipzig String Quartet; and the Mozart Symphonic Concerto for Oboe, Clarinet, Bassoon, Horn and Orchestra and two other Mozart Concertos for Clarinet and Orchestra. Dieter Kocker is the featured Clarinetist with the Czech Philharmonic Chamber Orchestra. The recordings are in stereo, 5.1 DVD-A (and V) and 2+2+2. I listened to them in the 5.1 DVD-A mode, which played automatically in my Toshiba-SD, thank goodness.

The recordings and musicianship in both are superb. I particulary liked the Mozart piece which absolutely sparkles. Dieter is first rate - and as a former clarinetist I am in awe of him. I highly recommend this work.

It is so nice that MDG now joins TACET and AIX in the ranks of smaller lables now available in the U.S. doing such great new recordings in this format.

Back