More Born to Run rumours!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow, that would be way cool if true. meantime, i'll put it on my want list with the steely dans, genesis, david bowie, jackson browne, moodies..... ;)

Guy Robinson said:
More pseudo Dolby 5.1 perhaps.

Nick Didia mix? Hope not... also because the quad version is a very elusive one.

Dedicated 5.1 for BTR? In our dreams...

First of all, the original album was stereo except for "She's The One"--and that's flat mono, an artistic choice, one would assume, to put in the pure old 'Bo Diddley Beat'n'shuffle' mode.

What's next, 5.1 NEBRASKA rumours? :D

ED :)

Ed Bishop said:
Dedicated 5.1 for BTR? In our dreams...

First of all, the original album was stereo except for "She's The One"--and that's flat mono, an artistic choice, one would assume, to put in the pure old 'Bo Diddley Beat'n'shuffle' mode.

What's next, 5.1 NEBRASKA rumours? :D

I'm with you Ed. I can't see....especially after all the poo surround Sony has put out lately.....any chance of a true, GOOD 5.1 mix.

daved64 said:
I'm with you Ed. I can't see....especially after all the poo surround Sony has put out lately.....any chance of a true, GOOD 5.1 mix.

As far as I am concerned they might as well quit now if they are just going to continue to waste the DVD side. Go back to just CD. I don't plan on buying any Dualdisc put out by Sony.

winopener said:
Nick Didia mix? Hope not... also because the quad version is a very elusive one.

Nick seems to be getting a lot of surround assignments lately. He's also credited on the new Three Doors Down DD disc.

bmoura said:
Nick seems to be getting a lot of surround assignments lately. He's also credited on the new Three Doors Down DD disc.
Was it produced by Brendan O Brien? That would be your answer right there. He's O'Brien's engineer.

Guy Robinson said:
As far as I am concerned they might as well quit now if they are just going to continue to waste the DVD side. Go back to just CD. I don't plan on buying any Dualdisc put out by Sony.

I agree totally agree. Who are they making these crap {surround} mixes for anyway. Not for those of us who enjoy surround, and not for those who enjoy stereo only, as they are going to listen to the stereo track anyway. So why are they wasting thier time, and ours trying to figure out which {surround} mixes are true surround mixes and which are crap reverb in the rears or fake surround? :mad: Rant over, sorry. :)

MIDIQ said:
I agree totally agree. Who are they making these crap {surround} mixes for anyway. Not for those of us who enjoy surround, and not for those who enjoy stereo only, as they are going to listen to the stereo track anyway. So why are they wasting thier time, and ours trying to figure out which {surround} mixes are true surround mixes and which are crap reverb in the rears or fake surround? :mad: Rant over, sorry. :)

Good rant! I think most of us feel the same way.

...perhaps the MoveOn.org ads placed in between each track will be true m/c. Sure will be great hearing "Bush Sucks: Vote Hilliary" in true 5.1 surround sound from 'ol Bruce: the new politicized minstrel of the 21st century. "Born To Run" indeed.

MIDIQ said:

And I suspect it is because they are hoping to suck some surround sound people who wouldn’t normally buy the disc into buying it. They aren’t fooling me. They can keep them.

I guess we don't have to worry about a Nick Didia mix.
The USAToday on Sept. 27 reports this.

Springsteen classic is 'Born' again
Bruce Springsteen's breakthrough album, Born to Run, will mark its 30th anniversary with a deluxe three-disc box set due Nov. 15. The set includes a full-length concert film, Hammersmith Odeon, London '75, the earliest live footage of Springsteen and the E Street Band yet released. There's also a new documentary, Wings for Wheels: The Making of Born to Run, plus a 48-page booklet with unpublished photographs and, finally, the remastered original CD (sorry, no bonus tracks).

Just got this from my boss, who's very plugged in:

"Bob Clearmountain remastered and remixed the DVD in both stereo and 5.1 surround sound. "

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Clark,

That sounds good....but I've learned not to get my hopes up. It would be great if this is real 5.1...if it is, "She's The One" will be most welcome beyond the mono we've had all these years.

ClarkNovak said:
Just got this from my boss, who's very plugged in:

"Bob Clearmountain remastered and remixed the DVD in both stereo and 5.1 surround sound. "

:banana: :banana: :banana:
But that's the CONCERT DVD right? Not the actual Born To Run album.

Back