Mott the Hoople - All the Young Dudes

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henryb

Just ordered a few SACD’s from DuttonVocalion… great deals, great products!

However, I’m having an issue with is one disc. On this particular package they have squeezed 3 albums into 2 SACD’s.

The have put all 9 songs from “Hoople” and the first 5 songs from “All the Young Dudes” on SACD1. And the last 4 songs from “All the Young Dudes” and all the songs from “Mott” on SACD2. The SACD2 works on my Oppo 203, I see all the songs and they all play.

However, when I play SACD1 on my Oppo 203 only recognizes that there are 9 songs and I can’t get to those first 5 songs from “All the Young Dudes”???

So… I sent DuttonVocalion an email, and unfortunately that email-id on their website is wrong and it gets rejected. So I made an educated guess on their email-id and changed it from … co.uk at the end to … .com. Which worked (or rather was not rejected), but I have not heard back from them in a week.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Just ordered a few SACD’s from DuttonVocalion… great deals, great products!

However, I’m having an issue with is one disc. On this particular package they have squeezed 3 albums into 2 SACD’s.

The have put all 9 songs from “Hoople” and the first 5 songs from “All the Young Dudes” on SACD1. And the last 4 songs from “All the Young Dudes” and all the songs from “Mott” on SACD2. The SACD2 works on my Oppo 203, I see all the songs and they all play.

However, when I play SACD1 on my Oppo 203 only recognizes that there are 9 songs and I can’t get to those first 5 songs from “All the Young Dudes”???

So… I sent DuttonVocalion an email, and unfortunately that email-id on their website is wrong and it gets rejected. So I made an educated guess on their email-id and changed it from … co.uk at the end to … .com. Which worked (or rather was not rejected), but I have not heard back from them in a week.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
I'm guessing your Oppo is set to recognize only the multichannel layer of discs. To hear the stereo, i'm guessing you will need to go into the Oppo's menu and set it to listen to the stereo layer. I have to do this on my Sony to hear the stereo-only tracks on SACDs. Stay Surrounded, Comrade!

I'm guessing your Oppo is set to recognize only the multichannel layer of discs. To hear the stereo, i'm guessing you will need to go into the Oppo's menu and set it to listen to the stereo layer. I have to do this on my Sony to hear the stereo-only tracks on SACDs. Stay Surrounded, Comrade!
Hey Clement,

I think you probably have something there! I didn’t realize that all 3 albums were not in Quad. That also explains why SACD2 I can see all of the songs, because they are all in Stereo!

So thank you very much for the insight.

Appreciated,
Brent.

Hey Clement,

I think you probably have something there! I didn’t realize that all 3 albums were not in Quad. That also explains why SACD2 I can see all of the songs, because they are all in Stereo!

So thank you very much for the insight.

Appreciated,
Brent.

Related to your post, that's why you should carefully read every Dutton Vocalion release information. There are other "Quad" SACD titles where part of it is in Quad, and the rest is stereo. Honestly, it doesn't happen often...but it can happen.

The Ted Nugent title has 2 albums on 1 SACD. Free For All (contains Quad) and Cat Scratch Fever (100% stereo, no Quad)

Yep Yep just saw this and that was Snood first thought too :LB

Back